Customer Advocate (Support Center)
Customer Advocate - Support Center
Los Angeles, CA (This position requires working from the support center office in Pico Gardens)
Reports to: Manager, Customer Advocacy
We’re Seeking an Extraordinary Customer Advocate in our Support Center!
The mission of Avocado is to be the most respected source for green home products at affordable prices — while maintaining environmentally conscious, ethical and sustainable business practices — to help safeguard your health and protect our planet.
The goal of our Customer Advocacy Team is simple yet lofty: to provide the best customer service experience in the world while advancing sustainable practices and cultivating personal development in the process. We operate as a small, fast-paced, and tight-knit team where your individual contributions will have a lasting impact.
Customer Advocates are responsible for providing high-quality support through various channels. As a team, they are experts in all products and services. They not only support customers but all other teams in the organization. The support they provide can vary from a simple explanation to complex discussions about our sustainability practices.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate and respond to customers who have questions or need assistance in a variety of areas (product information, order updates, issue resolution, etc)
- Master a complete knowledge of products, pricing, and technical information to effectively communicate with existing and prospective customers
- Provide phone support in a courteous, comfortable and upbeat energy-filled manner
- Courteously diffuse difficult customer situations
- Assist with the training and support of remote team members
- Complete non-customer-facing tasks and/or projects to support Team Leads and Managers
- Determining outcomes for issue resolutions; handle and resolve customer issues and situations
- Assist team with managing the daily workload of call volume and responding to customer emails
- Assist with suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service
- Reach out to customers who have had negative experiences and work with them to rectify and turn around their experiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer experiences
- The ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings and weekends may be required)
- Personal, adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask and successfully operate in a high-energy fast-paced, team environment
- Passion for improving efficiencies, processes, and overall customer experience
- Ability to remain current with company products, processes, and software tools (Zendesk, Intercom, Aircall, Slack, Confluence, JIRA, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Well organized and superb time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- High emotional intelligence, ability to be empathetic and place yourself in the customer’s shoes
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference but BE the difference.
- Casual Dress work environment
- Stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks, drinks and ice cream!
- BBQ Friday’s
- In-office Pool Table, Basketball Hoop, Game Room (Do you like puzzles?)
- Time-off to volunteer in your community
Pay rate: $22 per hour/40 hours per week