Senior Product Designer
At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, WordPress VIP, and more, and we’re looking for seasoned Product Designers to keep the web free and open with us.
You’ll join a diverse design team and work closely with engineers, marketers, and customer support from around the world in a fully remote company to create products that make online publishing and commerce accessible to everyone.
What you’ll do
- Design exceptional products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Contribute to both Automattic products and the larger open source and design communities.
What we are looking for
- A keenness for identifying user needs, defining clear solutions, and delivering those through detailed design.
- The flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and choose the most efficient and responsible process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- The ability to connect business strategies, available technologies, and design solutions to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- A proficiency in design and prototyping tools and familiarity with development.
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and the open source community.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).