Customer Support Specialist at Slab
At Slab, we build beautiful software for teams. We believe that a team’s ability to store and organize information ultimately defines their ability to execute. Slab is like a knowledge base or wiki, but reimagined to be fast, intuitive, and powerful. We think of it as a long-term memory for teams.
We are a small team of experienced developers and designers on a mission to make work easier. Slab’s approach to work is inspired by companies that have a big impact while staying relatively small. We embrace remote and flexible work arrangements.
We are looking for a seasoned Customer Support Representative to provide world-class support to our customers. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, knows what it takes to deliver great customer support, and is eager to help us make Slab the best product for our customers.
About The Role
You’ll spend much of your day emailing and chatting with potential and current customers via Intercom. You’ll also write a whole lot of help and learning documentation, hop on impromptu phone calls, proactively email customers to check-in, run product demos, and record onboarding videos. Along the way, you’ll troubleshoot bugs, document feature requests, and work closely with product, design, and engineering to help elevate the voice of the customer at Slab. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right for our customers, no questions asked. This position is full-time with a preference for someone based in San Francisco. But we are also open to remote for someone based in the Americas!
- You’re an incredible written communicator. You’re good at making complex situations easy to understand using clear and simple writing. As a remote team, your communication skills are critical to your success.
- You are more technical than the typical support professional, but it could be in a number of different ways. Maybe you can code, or maybe you are excellent at QA, or maybe you’re really good at solving tricky problems.
- You are as confident over the phone as you are over email. You’re someone who will be comfortable speaking ad-lib about how Slab works to a range of audiences.
- You love to support people and you have experience working in support or success. You are excited to continue to build your career in support.
- For the most part, you’ll be managing yourself. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- You’re eager to take on challenges. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people.
Compensation and Benefits
- We’re offering between $70,000-$90,000 for this role, depending on experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 7-year option exercise window
- $5k desk setup of your choice
- Flexible work arrangements
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.