Audio Producer at Knowable
We’re hiring an Audio Producer to oversee the development of premium educational audio programming at Knowable.
We’re based in LA, but remote applicants are welcome.
What you’ll do:
– Develop and produce world-class educational programming on a variety of topics spanning business, self-improvement, and wellness verticals.
– Oversee all phases of audio course production, including creative development, pre-production, booking, recording, editing, and final delivery.
– Ensure consistency in style, voice, and aesthetic across all Knowable programming and help clearly define our new audio learning format.
– Arrange interviews and manage recording sessions, sometimes via remote connections.
– Coach talent (including VIP’s) to elicit strong performances.
– Review cuts and provide notes through all rounds of production.
– Create persuasive promotional edits that entice customers.
– Create and maintain master editorial calendar.
– Ensure that all programming meets the highest editorial, journalistic, and legal standards.
– Develop internal systems, workflows, and best practices, including documentation, to optimize organizational efficiency and accelerate course output.
– Work cross-functionally with product, operations, business, and marketing teams.
– Hire and manage additional production team members.
– Contribute to a culture of experimentation and creative risk-taking.
– Evangelize Knowable in the wider creative community.
What you have:
– 3+ years radio or podcast production experience working on non-fiction/factual programming. Field recording experience a plus.
– Professional-level proficiency with Adobe Audition.
– Strong storytelling, writing, interviewing, and editing skills.
– Ability to meticulously research, distill, and critically analyze complex subject matter.
– Proven track record of delivering compelling programming on-time and on-budget.
– Existing relationships with stakeholders across the audio industry.
– Ability to thrive in a sometimes amorphous, self-directed role.
– Startup experience a plus.
What you’ll get:
– Opportunity to be on the ground floor of a venture-backed team building a socially positive media brand.
– Creative liberty to help define a new format for educational audio.
– Equity compensation.
– Freedom to work from anywhere in the world. We care about results, not facetime.
– Monthly stipend for gym, phone, and co-working space.
– Flexible vacation policy.
– Ability to hire and manage world-class co-workers.
– 100% covered medical, dental, and vision insurance.