We’re hiring an Audio Producer to oversee the development of premium educational audio programming at Knowable.
We’re based in LA, but remote applicants are welcome.
What you’ll do:
– Develop and produce world-class educational programming on a variety of topics spanning business, self-improvement, and wellness verticals.
– Oversee all phases of audio course production, including creative development, pre-production, booking, recording, editing, and final delivery.
– Ensure consistency in style, voice, and aesthetic across all Knowable programming and help clearly define our new audio learning format.
– Arrange interviews and manage recording sessions, sometimes via remote connections.
– Coach talent (including VIP’s) to elicit strong performances.
– Review cuts and provide notes through all rounds of production.
– Create persuasive promotional edits that entice customers.
– Create and maintain master editorial calendar.
– Ensure that all programming meets the highest editorial, journalistic, and legal standards.
– Develop internal systems, workflows, and best practices, including documentation, to optimize organizational efficiency and accelerate course output.
– Work cross-functionally with product, operations, business, and marketing teams.
– Hire and manage additional production team members.
– Contribute to a culture of experimentation and creative risk-taking.
– Evangelize Knowable in the wider creative community.
What you have:
– 3+ years radio or podcast production experience working on non-fiction/factual programming. Field recording experience a plus.
– Professional-level proficiency with Adobe Audition.
– Strong storytelling, writing, interviewing, and editing skills.
– Ability to meticulously research, distill, and critically analyze complex subject matter.
– Proven track record of delivering compelling programming on-time and on-budget.
– Existing relationships with stakeholders across the audio industry.
– Ability to thrive in a sometimes amorphous, self-directed role.
– Startup experience a plus.
What you’ll get:
– Opportunity to be on the ground floor of a venture-backed team building a socially positive media brand.
– Creative liberty to help define a new format for educational audio.
– Equity compensation.
– Freedom to work from anywhere in the world. We care about results, not facetime.
– Monthly stipend for gym, phone, and co-working space.
– Flexible vacation policy.
– Ability to hire and manage world-class co-workers.
– 100% covered medical, dental, and vision insurance.