Technical Support Engineer 2
The Technical Support Engineer will provide remote technical customer support for RSA’s Fraud and Risk Intelligence products. RSA Adaptive Authentication is a comprehensive risk based authentication and fraud detection platform that takes a risked-based approach to enabling strong, multifactor authentication using device forensics, behavioral analysis, and RSA eFraudNetwork matching.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Java programming concepts, SQL, as well as web based applications and technologies.
- Experience with deployed environments Java/J2EE, Oracle and SQL database systems running on Windows, UNIX, and LINUX platforms.
- Strong administration experience with or knowledge of at least one or more of: Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, or Weblogic, and Oracle or MS SQL server, Linux, Unix, MS Windows. Strong knowledge of Oracle DB, especially re-indexing and stats ins and outs.
- Knowledge of SSL/TLS protocols, load balancers and network infrastructure desired.
- Experience troubleshooting technologically challenging customer issues. Able to use advanced debugging techniques including analysis of heap/thread dump files, tracing, and performance tuning and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving technical problems at customer sites via telephone and email, email and Webex/live session troubleshooting.
- Highly analytical with extreme attention to details and the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- A quick learner capable of working independently on complex networking and application problems requiring individualized analyses of situations, data and an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Ability to document and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Customer facing experience and strong customer orientation and dedication.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- 3+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Technical Support for Enterprise Software Systems, Software Development, Professional Services for Enterprise Software Systems, Quality Assurance/Engineering for Enterprise Software.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.