Technical Support Engineer - EMEA at GitHub
The GitHub Technical Support team is looking for full-time team members located in Europe! This person will join GitHub as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world.
GitHub users work 24/7, so you’ll be expected to work some weekends and holidays. And though we support flexibility to let you take care of the important things in your life, you’re expected to work during the normal working hours of your timezone.
When GitHub users have questions, they contact Support and we help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. Technical support handles a wide variety of inquiries including questions surrounding Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, GitHub Packages, and our Ecosystem. Support also works closely with the engineering team to track down bugs and improve our documentation.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we’d want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
- Experience using GitHub
- Experience using Git and the command line
- Experience interacting with REST, or GraphQL, APIs, and troubleshooting requests
- Exposure to one or more of the following package management tools: bundler, npm, maven/gradle, dotnet / nuget
- Exposure to client / server architecture in web applications
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Excellent problem solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Support experience, with a focus on empathy – you are attuned to hear the question behind a question
- A unique writing style and voice
- Will love developers and GitHub as much as we do
- Could effortlessly explain how Git works to a non-developer
- Experience working remotely
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of CI / CD pipelines
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log files
- Familiar with basic network concepts and tools