3D Character Animator
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges – all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
PlayQ is looking for a well-versed 3D Character Animator to rig and animate mobile-ready characters, props, and environments to implement across our top-grossing mobile games. This role offers an exciting opportunity to craft animations while working with an expert-level art team to deliver polished art to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will collaborate with our art, design, and engineering team to develop stunning game animations that are both fluid and responsive, implement working assets into our games, and create unique video clips and cut scenes. You’d be a great fit for this opportunity if you have extensive knowledge of animation fundamentals and technical expertise to help define our animation pipeline and workflow.
This is an off-site, contract position with competitive hourly pay, based on experience. The position requires 40 hours per week, which includes creating new 3D animations and collaborating with our cross-functional team.
- Create, develop, and execute 3D animations (characters, props, environment, etc.) with full deadline responsibility from initial development, animatic design, to finished production of content
- Maintain the artistic direction and vision through all phases of development. This entails ensuring animations are of the highest artistic quality and upholding the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Collaborate with other artists and members of the engineering and design team to define animation pipeline and workflows
- Export assets from art tools and import them into the engine according to best practices
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- 3+ years of experience as 3D Animator
- Strong understanding of animation & design principles
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk 3Ds Max or Maya
- A portfolio that reflects your skills in 3D animation
- You possess excellent aesthetic taste with the ability to produce 3D animations that are both visually appealing and engaging
- You see constructive feedback as an integral part of the creative process and approach giving and receiving feedback as an opportunity for growth and critique
- You are creative, productive, and efficient when working under tight deadlines
- You are self-driven and possess good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
- Experience with After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D
- Ability to work with particles and effects and know the basics of rendering and visualization
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely with flexible hours
- Collaborate with an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable, and supportive team!
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn’t love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!