Customer Service Representative
Computrition, Inc. is the leading provider of fully integrated foodservice, nutrition management, and point of sale software systems. With forty years in the hospitality and healthcare industries, Computrition is an international company with offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Computrition's all-encompassing software systems are designed to increase efficiency and productivity in the foodservice and/or nutrition services operation. We provide menu management, inventory control, nutrition office management, nutrient analysis, point of sale and more. Put your nutrition and food knowledge to use in a unique setting. Computrition allows you to creatively use computers in nutrition and foodservice.
We are seeking a dedicated professional for the full-time position of Food & Nutrition Customer Service Specialist. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Support Team in a high growth organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking for a fast-paced environment where experience will be drawn upon to effectively assist in resolving customer issues. This individual will also be involved in product testing, documentation and hosting occasional phone training sessions, as needed.
Job Description/Specific Responsibilities:
- Team members will provide timely and efficient application and basic technical support to existing customers via phone, web and/or email with a calm and confident nature;
- Keep customer informed of progression with issues and provide follow up as necessary;
- Continually review, revise and update customer account data for accuracy, including contacts and mailing information;
- Provide support and assistance to remote and internal team members;
- Address account escalations and deal with unique customer requirements;
- Keep accurate documentation of support activities and communications;
- Assist in software testing; and conduct telephone training as required.
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure in a busy environment and have an aptitude for logical problem-solving taking ownership until resolution
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of food and/or nutrition-related information is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set priorities within time constraints
- Courteous and professional phone manner, demeanor and attitude are essential
- Customer service experience preferably in the software industry
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to problem solve and teach others
- Excellent organizational, listening and customer service skills
- Ability to listen to customer needs and provide a solution with strong customer focused orientation
- Must be able to work independently as well as coordinate efforts with other team members on universal customer issues
- Ability to utilize a variety of problem-solving techniques researching existing documentation and the internet, use of the knowledge base and liaising with other members of staff and teams, to resolve customer issues.
- Excellent organizing, and time management skills with high attention to detail
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in foods and nutrition, dietetics, or a related field OR the equivalent of 3-4 years’ work experience in the mentioned areas
- Strong PC and system navigation skills, specifically in a Windows-based environment.
- Previous customer service or support and/or basic technical experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required
- Must enjoy problem solving and work independently
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)