Customer Service Representative Full Time
Primarily responsible for performing all duties of a paying and receiving Customer Service Representative. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities. This position requires a high degree of initiative, discretion and judgement. You will work with limited supervision. This job must comply with various laws, regulations, established policy and procedures integrated with teller software. You will also be skilled in the areas of new accounts, transaction processing, vault, safe deposit and branch operations while always providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
The Customer Service Representative is expected to have knowledge about the Bank’s products and services and be able to identify the customer’s needs and provide the products/services to meet those needs while maintaining a high level of service, professionalism and productivity when communicating to the customer.
- The Customer Service Representative has a primary role in the bank’s sales culture and is responsible in helping meet the branch deposit growth goal set by management annually.
- Expected to meet sales referrals and branch sales goals
- Promotes growth by developing new business and personal banking relationships.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Ensures the customer experience meets and/or exceeds customers' expectations.
- Provides effective customer service by answering customer questions; investigates and corrects errors; and resolves problems or other issues.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper bank personnel.
- Assist customer in reconciling accounts.
- Responds quickly to customers’ questions and requests and resolves issues independently or through other Bank personnel. By acting independently, the position will provide a quality customer experience that emphasizes the Bank’s recognition of the community it serves.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed. Provides leadership, training and support to less experience personnel.
- May be asked to perform quarterly surprise audits on the vault and Branch Operations and Sales Specialist.
- This position is responsible for the management of assigned cash drawer.
- Accepts and processes checking and savings deposits including night deposits; inspects deposit tickets and deposited items for completeness and correctness; validates customer receipts.
- Places holds on accounts to identify uncollected funds. Follows all guidelines and gets required approval.
- Provides overrides and remote overrides when needed.
- Performs intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services by processing all new account-related transactions.
- Meeting customers' needs requires knowing the product line. CSR's are expected to have a high degree of knowledge about the bank's products and services.
- Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; determines need and extent of reference investigation. Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; and ensures all product opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
- Reference material concerning more detailed information should be convenient and well organized.
- Supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- CSRs are expected to accurately prepare the appropriate documentation for deposit accounts. This involves staying up-to-date with changes in policy, procedure, regulations, software, etc.
- CSRs open new accounts including but not limited to checking, savings, Certificates of Deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's), VISA Check cards and Voice Response Transfers (VRT's). CSRs are responsible for leasing Safe Deposit Boxes and maintaining the records for boxes at their assigned branch.
- Processes wire transfer requests, address changes, check and deposit slip orders, processes stop payments, place holds as needed, performs safe deposit box duties by opening accounts, controlling access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
- Discusses, prepares and processes documents related to the Bank’s electronic banking services.
- Obtaining appropriate documentation for court appointments, Powers of Attorney forms, and other documents as required by law, regulation, or procedure.
- Follows established procedures and processes Currency Transaction Reports.
- Accepts and processes large quantity of coin and when assigned, balances coin machine.
- Cashes checks and savings withdrawals within prescribed limits and follows all policies and procedures; redeems savings bonds.
- Processes collection items and credit card cash advances.
- Sells and prepares official checks.
- Proccesses all types of loan, credit line, and safe deposit payments.
- Prepares daily totals and corresponding tickets for batch transactions (e.g., ATM settlement, cash advances, etc.).
- Prepares transactions for processing through Smart Branch and maintains work at the branch location with adherence to established procedures and timelines.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate supply of currency and coin; balances cash drawer according to established schedule and performance standards. Sells excess coin and currency to vault, or buys coin and currency to maintain minimum but adequate draw supply.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding basic account information (e.g., account balance, check clearance, loan payoff, etc.).
- Accepts telephone transfers and wire transfers, stop payment and check orders; prints account history if time allows.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and process, adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Assures work area and branch lobby is maintained in a neat, clean and attractive manner; recommends changes, repairs or redesign.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Is assigned additional duties commiserate with the tellers skill set and training.
- Assist in acquisitions/mergers as needed
- Travel may be required to assist other locations.
Citizens Bank of Kentucky, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Organization M/F/Vet/Disability.