Creative Strategist x Copywriter
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Watson Design Group is looking for an accomplished creative strategist and copywriter who has the ability to craft and implement long-term strategy for while practicing short-term solutions and is comfortable performing at the highest level. Reporting to the Social Director and VP this position will lead on all new business pitches from breaking down RFPs, leading and organizing brainstorms, developing ideas, writing campaign proposals, and finally, leading the creative strategy across active projects.
- Developing creative strategies and concepts for social and digital proposals - both written and conceptual ideation. Responsible for the storytelling of our campaigns to both our audiences and to our clients. This means developing internal storytelling (strategy, positioning, reasoning, presentation) and narrative storytelling (creative, copy/tone, platform understanding, broad executions).
- Gaining a clear understanding of RFP and aligning with the Creative Director and Social Director to ensure there is alignment between the proposed campaign and client needs. Based on studio and title, this may include proactively researching and recommending global tactics that extend beyond the traditional social/digital space (our approach to talent, international, PR, etc).
- Organizing and streamlining creative brainstorms to ensure efficiency and clear understanding of the material. This may entail setting up initial research documents and foundational elements that can help streamline creative thought.
- Working with CMs to organize quote pulls, synopses, and additional written materials for the creative team to build upon concepts
- Managing and training junior copywriters / CMs
- Maintaining a proactive strategic lens across active titles, making actionable recommendations to internal teams and clients.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of platform and creative trends in the social and digital space, finding ways to effectively communicate with the team.
- Pitching proposals and relevant materials to clients alongside the assigned team.
- Developing tone of voice for active channels and helping to train and grow developing community manager(s) - assisting and providing notes, feedback, and approvals on community management docs and copy explorations.
- Ebbing and flowing with social data to pivot creative strategy.
- Demonstrating hunger, passion, and tenacity.
- Client presentation experience a must.
- The Creative Strategist ensures that we develop fully executable strategies which link back to the objectives of the client, meet the highest standard of the agency and that the needs of the clients are being not only met, but exceeded from the pitch stage, through to campaign execution.
- +5 years experience at a creative agency or studio, with an emphasis on entertainment or brand vertical
- Impressive online portfolio showcasing a variety of work
- Proven track record of leading small and large creative programs across a wide variety of industry sectors by linking creative strategy to client objectives
- Ability to take an idea and transform it into a 360, multi-channel campaign
- Ambition to push yourself and your team outside of the traditional lines, being agile, adaptable and able to work around roadblocks
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the work
- Superb presentation and communication skills, bringing charisma and passion to sell ideas to both client contacts and internal stakeholders
- Ability to thrive under pressure, juggling multiple clients, teams and deadlines
- Organization with strong communication skills in written and oral presentations
- Active passion for creativity and digital technology
- Experience working directly with creative and production
- You are a skilled storyteller with a deep understanding of what is shaping culture locally and globally.
- You have your finger on the pulse of trends in the worlds of film, TV, music, and art while being creatively nimble in a fast-paced social landscape that is constantly evolving. You don’t just have great ideas, but you know exactly what makes them great and how to sell them.
- You will have a proven track record of motivating creative teams in brainstorms, communicating effectively and directly with clients in pitches as well as internal teams and meeting deadlines across multiple projects.
- You will inspire an in-house creative team of designers, community managers, analysts, and account teams to translate creative briefs into narratively driven story themes and ideas across all consumer touch points for our filmmakers and studios.
WHO WE ARE
Watson Design Group is an award-winning creative boutique specializing in digital storytelling, online development, and social media. We are imaginative, innovative, and driven by our passion for interactive design and community engagement. Projects we’ve brought to life include campaigns for A Ghost Story, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and the Isle of Dogs. We’ve had the pleasure of working with clients from FX, A24, Netflix, Disney, Riot Games, Fox Searchlight and are constantly looking forward to creating new, exciting digital marketing and social initiatives. We are not afraid to challenge ourselves and push the envelope of what’s possible, setting our goals high and keeping our eye on the digital horizon.