Remote Media Buyer
At a glance:
This is a mid-level media agency position that will work with several different media outlets developing relationships and strategically placing our clients’ commercials. Your efforts will play a key part in our overall success, and you’ll get to join a close-knit team. This person could work remotely or out of our Warwick, Rhode Island office.
What does a Media Buyer do at MMSI?
- Contacts TV stations, cable networks and emerging media outlets to develop relationships and run our clients' commercials in various places.
- Effectively negotiate rates, execute buys, and analyze buy schedules.
- Analyze reports and make optimization recommendations on a daily basis internally and externally.
- Book media and enter pre/post-log times.
- Attend industry functions and travel to meetings as necessary
What makes a great Media Buyer at MMSI?
- 1-2 years of linear TV, print, audio and/or digital video experience or equivalent experience in sales and communications.
- Professional, positive team player with a passion for media buying who thrives in a competitive and ever-changing environment.
- Proven track record of negotiating and analyzing DRTV buys- Linear and Digital Multi-channels; Television, Audio, Print, OOH, and OTT. Social and all forms of digital video experience a plus!
- An extensive knowledge of offline media- and if online, even better! Experience with CPMs/GRPs also a plus.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Stays on top of current trends and willing to take calculated risks.
- Motivated and aggressive with very strong communication (verbal and written), superior negotiation skills, and a high attention to detail.
- A keen sense of the advertising industry and its implications for clients.
- Analysis and optimization recommendations on a daily basis internally and externally.
Why work at MMSI?
- We are a results-driven, National, Direct to Consumer (DTC) media agency with 34-years of history based in Warwick, RI.
- We are part of the R2C Group based in Portland, Oregon. R2C links strategy, creative and production with state-of-the-art audience targeting, dynamic media buying and advanced analytics with over $500 Million a year in Agency billings.
- We have offices in Portland, OR, Oakland, Philadelphia, and Warwick.
- We do a thing we called Transactional Brand Building. That is, we deliver on our clients’ brand and sales objectives at the same time.
- There are about 220 of us, so we’re big enough to handle major projects, but small enough that we all know each other.
- We are collaborative. We care about, appreciate, and respect each other.
- Transparency. We all know how the company is doing and where we’re going, collectively and individually.
- We have a large and diverse roster of clients. You’ll get to work on a variety of accounts and manage a variety of networks so you’ll never be bored.