Marketing & Communications Manager
Seniority Level: Senior
Job Functions: Business Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Washington D.C. / Old Town - Alexandria VA
If you’re passionate about using your communications and project management skills in a fast-paced venture backed company, our Communications & Business Development Operations Manager is the role for you. Skydweller is focused on developing next generation large unmanned aircraft for use in telecommunications, mapping, and national security. As the key contributor supporting Skydweller’s executives you will own all marketing & communications as well as have responsibility across a wide set of projects and tasks in the company. You will regular server as the primary coordinating role on projects, interfacing with senior executives, elected & government officials, and partners to help ensure efficient and effective communications.
What you'll do...
- Planning, researching, writing and editing content pieces (short- and long-form) for our external communications channels (e.g., website, tradeshow dailies, marketing collateral).
- Lead the planning, coordination, and execution of domestic and international corporate marketing events, trade shows, product launches, etc.
- Support the development of effective PowerPoints for key executives
- Supporting the development of press releases and media background pieces.
- Support business development operations in preparing presentations, tracking opportunities, and owning the internal coordination of business development activities
- Support various lobbying and customer engagement meetings
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- You have a general knowledge of US Congressional and/or Department of Defense organizations
- You've got 5+ years relevant experience, ideally in a defense contracting company, government communications, or aerospace marketing environment
- You've got good graphical skills (PowerPoint), and impeccable writing skills
- You've got the ability and desire to create compelling stories, graphics, and content
- You’ve got strong project management skills and high attention to detail
- Can support occasional domestic and international travel to Europe
It’d be even better if you…
- Have high energy, creativity, and passion for what you do
- Have knowledge of the aerospace, defense and national security markets
- Have the ability to effectively operate in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Have confidence and a willingness to speak up
- Have experience working with journals or publications
- Have ability to setup and manage corporate social media
- Can speak Spanish or French (not required)
What you’ll get…
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- The ability to influence major initiatives and change the world
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Skydweller is a US-Spanish aerospace company developing commercial unmanned perpetual flight vehicles. Skydweller closed it’s Series A fundraising round and has acquired the historic Solar Impulse aircraft, related assets and exclusive IP license. Skydweller will use this and its teams of experts to develop an unmanned variant. These aircraft platforms will deliver many services in different data and communications markets such as: natural resource monitoring, data collection, aerial mapping, weather and environmental forecasting, emergency operations, and telecommunications; including Internet and 5G mobile communications for remote and under-served areas. Skydweller is located in Alexandria VA and Madrid Spain.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.