Paid Media Strategist (Remote)
SmartBug's Paid Media Strategist role is dedicated to delivering a deep level of expertise across all paid media channels. Not only does the Paid Media Strategist bring this area of expertise to bear across SmartBug™ client services on an as-needed basis, but the role also maintains a direct book of clients where the Paid Media Strategist is the liaison and primary point of contact between the client and extended SmartBug™ team, thus, helping to build strong, long-term client relationships.
As a specialist who both handles revenue and assists in delivering services and expertise to clients outside the role's direct management, the Paid Media Strategist is responsible for:
- Operating as the main point of contact for all matters specific to your directly assigned accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Overseeing customer account management for directly assigned accounts, including negotiating contracts and agreements to improve profit; escalating to Team Leads as needed.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with key account contacts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Defining important metrics for paid media performance.
- Running and overseeing paid media content.
- Effectively monitoring account budgetary goals.
- Measuring the success of every paid media campaign based on the performance of account KPIs.
- Staying up to date with latest paid media best practices and technologies.
- Working with and delegating multidisciplinary teams with copywriters and designers.
- Effectively collaborating with internal team members servicing the account.
- Having a deep understanding of the client's business, objectives, and current gaps.
- Ensuring the precise and seamless execution of account strategies.
- Actively identifying and removing barriers to success.
- Understanding at a high-level the marketing technology required to make plans successful while continually expanding on this knowledge as-needed.
- Recommending improvements to SmartBug's internal processes as it relates to paid media.
- Actively researching and collecting data to help inform paid media strategies moving forward.
- The regular reporting on and monitoring of performance and optimization results.
- Driving client's revenue growth through paid media strategies and tactics.
- Contribute regularly to SmartBug™ content
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
How You Will Be Measured
A Paid Media Strategist is measured on several dimensions that are key to the role, including:
- Contribution to SmartBug™ revenue as measured by accounts under management
- Target of 25/month, Incentive for 30 month
- Client results/ROI
- Client retention
Experience And Education Requirements
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- A minimum of 3 years experience in developing, implementing, and leading paid media strategy for various channels including AdWords, Bing, Amazon, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, Terminus, and other third-party ad platforms.
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required; aligning field preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to lead and direct internal resources with confidence, identify and act on project issues and risks, seeing each through to its proper resolution
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with project management systems is required; experience with Teamwork is strongly preferred
- Proven relationship-building skills and communication experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with executive-level clients
- Basic understanding of digital marketing outside of Paid Media, including content marketing, SEO, and website optimization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
- Phone screening
- Video call with hiring manager
- Video call with VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug's CEO
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized intelligent Intelligent Inbound™ agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We're one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and named HubSpot's Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With 5 Comparably awards won in 2018 and being certified as a "Great Place to Work" a second year in a row, it's clear that it's not just our clients that like us.