UC Engineer, Level 2 (Remote)
This opening is more than 222 days old and is very likely already filled.
Optanix is a technology and managed service provider that supports the most demanding businesses with our unique, advanced service assurance solution. Our history goes back more than 20 years as first a managed service provider and now as a technology platform leader and provider.
The Optanix Platform provides predictive and proactive business service assurance across hybrid infrastructures, with actionable intelligence for prioritizing and addressing problems before they impact critical business services to protect revenue, improve customer experience and reduce IT costs. It provides full stack monitoring with end-to-end, top-to-bottom management of the IT infrastructure and services. Advanced analytics and root cause analysis predictively and proactively detect new and impending problems and quickly analyze them from multiple angles to find the true cause and provide actionable intelligence. With business service monitoring and prioritization, these root cause problems are prioritized based on the criticality of the impacted business services to ensure the most important problems to the business are addressed quickly. Streamlined remediation and management workflows reduce Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) through automation. Secure, multi-tenant remote access further reduces MTTR by enabling experts to rapidly solve problems.
Optanix has more than 250 employees located across offices in New York City (our headquarters), Syracuse, NY and Raleigh, NC, plus additional remote locations. Our team has more than 200 separate industry certifications across contact center, collaboration, network and security technologies. We serve hundreds of customers in the financial, healthcare, retail and insurance industries (among others) across 70 countries.
- Full-stack monitoring and automation technology
- Built for the most demanding environments
- Relentless focus on customer success
- Shared ethos with service providers
- Experienced, committed people
The Unified Communications (UC) Engineer, Level 2, will work in a fast-paced virtual NOC with teammates across North America. The engineer will be responsible for providing Day 2 support, troubleshooting UC related incidents for customers in the financial, healthcare, retail, and insurance industries (among others) across 70 countries.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Responsible for incident resolution across large customer base
- Responsible for following change management process and implement changes accordingly
- Responsible for managing individual change and incident queue
- Responsible for updating ticketing system with detailed oriented notes
- Take escalations from our service desk in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with internal Operations teams to deliver a customer focused managed service
- Collaborate with internal development and product teams to continuously evolve the Optanix Platform
- Develop procedural documentation for change implementation
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Troubleshoot incidents in the following technologies:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.x and above.
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco IM&P and Jabber Clients
- Cisco Voice Gateways / CUBEs
- Cisco Telepresence (Servers and video end-points)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise 7.x and above.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Cisco Finesse / CTIOS / Cisco Agent Desktop
- Cisco Voice Portal (CVP)
- Cisco Historical Data Server (HDS)
- Cisco CCMP
- Cisco UCS Platform
- VMWare 5.x and above
- Cisco Unified SIP Proxy (CUSP)
- Signaling protocols such as SIP, H323, SCCP, and MGCP
- Ability to work with little direction
- Ability to work weekends and non-normal business hours
- Strong technical, client and customer relations skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong case management and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong problem management skills ITIL and ITSM knowledge and ability to work in a process driven environment
Associate's degree preferred; c ollege degree in Engineering or similar discipline desired but not required. Expert level experience may be substituted for a college degree.
Experience (minimum Requirements)
5+ years with UC/UCC Engineer or equivalent
CCIE Collaboration. Expert level experience may be substituted.
Optanix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optanix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training