Service Software Engineer
This position will primarily act as a first point of contact for the remote support needs of technical customers using Schneider, Andover and Tridium Building Automation / Energy Management Systems. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers and field technicians resolve product, applications and program issues.
Supporting commercial facility engineers and contractors, includes both “how to” questions as well as technical troubleshooting for a wide range of HVAC / BMS systems including roof top units, air handling units, chilled water system, hot water systems, etc. Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, database, programing and operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
In this role, when communicating with our customers, support is facilitated primarily via incoming telephone calls and email engagements, so we are looking for candidates with excellent communication and customer service skills.
Support Engineers strive to consistently provide best-in-class service for all customer interactions as well as assist management in ensuring a high degree of quality assurance. We are looking for people that are self-motivated, proactive, and demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and innovation. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
To be qualified for this role, you should have multiple years of experience as a BMS/BAS Field Technician, Programmer, Engineer or related position.
- Connect remotely into customers BMS/BAS systems using LogMeIn, TeamViewer, RDP, VPN and other secured applications.
- Research and identify solutions to Control software and hardware issues including servers, controllers and various field systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including database, programs, and network configuration.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with clients to ensure systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Documents inquiry and resolution in CRM system, adheres to agreed documentation standards.
- Responsible for follow-up activities with external customers regarding quality concerns.
- Manage or participate in improvement or prevention projects to improve the quality of the customer support organization.
- Display superior customer service when providing inbound and outbound application/functional support and resolution to customers (external and internal). Maintain jovial relationships with clients.
- 5 or more years application troubleshooting experience as a BMS Technician, Engineer, Programmer or related.
- Hands-on experience with various BMS / BAS Systems.
- Good understanding of HVAC and computer systems and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Ability to set priorities and work in a team environment.
- Must be fluent in English and possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and demonstrate continual service improvement.