Customer Support Manager
Primary Objective: Be visibly and emotionally present with the team. Be an example of willingness, creativity and responsibility. Keep the team focused on the main goal of providing the best possible support to small business owners. Stay objective about performance (i.e. quality of communication, follow through, decision making, etc.) and provide real-time feedback (both encouragement and critical). Emphasize continuous personal and team development, anticipate/recognize personal and team needs so you can effectively manage and/also support them.
The People Part:
The People Part:
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports (including overseeing new employee onboarding) and provide career development opportunities.
- Empower individuals to take responsibility for their job and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team (and organization) that allows for respectful disagreement over ideas, healthy conflict resolution, and the sincere appreciation of diversity.
- Promote an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and effective so that every individual has the opportunity to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with Gravity Payments' core values; emphasize the mission, big-picture vision, and everyday values of the company.
- Maintain transparent and tactful communication.
- Lead team by providing an overall context and framework for succeeding in the role, to encourage individual contribution (i.e. calls, cases, projects, etc.) and allows for relevant goal setting and measuring performance.
- Maintain and manage employee work schedules including special assignments, shift coverage, training needs, vacations and paid time off, working remotely, etc.
- Work with TA for recruiting and hiring needs, and any employee relation issues
- Understand Gravity Payments' policies to instill a professional and safe working environment for the team.
- Manage the overall operational responsibilities and activities of the team.
- Make decisions and implement change management to fulfill needs or goals of the team/customer.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff for level of work.
- Evaluate the efficiency of team processes and procedures to improve the quality of work and impact to customers (internal and external).
- Make and guide business decisions that are financially responsible.
- Monitor and measure team productivity as it relates to annual business plans.
- Communicate regularly with other managers (i.e. Deployment, Sales, etc.) and leadership team as needed.
- Experience managing others and working in a support department strongly preferred
- Able to identify and coach employees through performance issues and play to employees strengths while recognizing and acting on any problematic weaknesses
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong technical acumen. Willing to familiarize themselves with the technical competence required at the customer support representative level
- Able to motivate large groups of people around a common goal
- Able to manage change both for individuals and department
- Able to act and make decisions independently on customer or company issues.
- Natural desire to help others and solve problems
- Must be available nights and weekends and variable schedules as needed.
- 2+ years of overall management experience preferred