The Humane League is an international farm animal advocacy group. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has positioned itself for growth. We have a current staff size of 80+ dispersed across the country and internationally. We are looking for a dedicated Project Manager to join our growing Technology team.
As our Project Manager, you will have an immediate and visible impact on product initiatives that touch the lives of billions of animals across the globe. You’ll help manage projects from initiation to release, working across all departments to maintain scope and prioritize, and you will work closely with a passionate team of developers, designers, and engineers to deliver and maintain products that live up to our mission and core values. You are a kind, considerate communicator with a passion for process and organization. You are a keen multi-tasker who keeps cool in the face of shifting priorities and initiatives and a self-starter who thrives in a remote working environment. The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Technology.
This is a full-time, remote position. This position requires travel up to 10% annually, with a minimum of 4 trips per year. This is a US-based position. We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders in organizing projects using Agile methodologies.
- Assist in developing and managing scope on an iterative, daily scrum team.
- Facilitate all scrum meetings following organization and team process protocols.
- Monitor execution efforts to ensure alignment of prioritized work and roadmaps.
- Manage project and team schedules with a focus on optimizing productivity.
- Process incoming feature and work requests to capture, make sense of, prioritize, and accept requirements.
- Act as a community liaison for the Technology team.
- Continuously evaluate and communicate realistic and accurate project statuses.
- Monitor and assess velocities and communicate and address abnormalities and inconsistencies.
- Continuously assess processes to adapt to changing needs, teams, and environments while maintaining process documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Highly skilled with project management: planning, initiating, executing, risk management, resource management, and stakeholder communications
- Ability to manage competing priorities (with minimal supervisory input)
- Understanding of the software project life-cycle and ability to manage it
- Experience supporting communication through tools such as Asana, Trello, JIRA, and Slack
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects at once
- Ability to communicate respectfully and considerately across cultures
- Experience managing a git workflow
- Certified PMP or CSM
- Experience configuring systems like Asana, JIRA, Airtable, Trello, and Basecamp
- Experience working remotely
- Alignment with our mission and theory of change
Starting salary $51,820 annually, with added consideration based on experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, companion animal benefits, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.