Senior Privacy Analyst at Zoom
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure – revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
Sr. Privacy Analyst plays a key role in the global compliance of the Zoom privacy programs by serving as a subject matter expert and the first and primary point of contact with customers and colleagues regarding privacy matters. Role works with, and may take direction from, the Head of Privacy Operations to ensure ongoing compliance with global privacy and data security frameworks, validate processes, and fulfill program targets for increasing efficiencies. Ensures compliance of Zoom products and privacy programs by managing inbound requests from customers and third parties, reviewing program requirements, auditing requirements and validating implementation, and recommending improvements. Leveraging deep understanding of data usage across products and teams, works with the Privacy team to compile, document, and implement legal requirements for new products, features, markets and geos. Supports contracting, customer responses and product lifecycle matters.
- Primary responsibility is to respond to inbound customer inquiries related to privacy matters by managing ticket queues and providing timely, thorough responses. Also, serves as main point of contact on internal chat forums to respond to questions posted by colleagues.
- Conducts annual (or more frequently as needed) audits of privacy policies, practices, processes and statements to validate and ensure accuracy and ongoing compliance. When issues are discovered, drives remediation across the business. Recommends improvements to increase customer happiness, improve efficiency or advance compliance positions
- Conducts annual review of product and privacy processes to validate and ensure ongoing compliance. Reports to legal leadership any issues discovered and recommends improvements
- Conducts legal product reviews and maintains an inventory of features, technology, data, and compliance requirements of the product.
- Conducts initial and annual reviews for vendors that handle personal data
- Maintains legal-product processes and privacy documentation
- Regularly meets with internal teams (e.g. product) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and validate new features, activities, etc. to ensure privacy compliance
- Maintains programs for compliance requirements specific to the various products
- Works with team to conduct Privacy Impact assessments related to product and associated technologies and vendors.
- Maintains data flow mapping and ensures appropriate documentation is in place for data transfers
- Supports development of privacy training materials and other communications to train employees and third parties, as appropriate, on Zoom’s privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations.
- Works cross functionally with security and other teams to ensure data privacy and security compliance
- Conducts privacy risk assessments, and assesses risk associated with business activities related to data or privacy and recommends solutions as needed
- Ensures necessary terms are included in customer contracts, including proper drafting of service descriptions and other related documents and reviews vendor contracts for necessary terms and privacy impact assessments
- Responds timely to inquiries from colleagues.
This role must communicate effectively and work cross functionally with all teams in the business to represent legal positions and requirements and move forward the best interests of the business. This role must appropriately balance risk with priorities and business objectives. As a role that has global view of product and teams, a primary contribution is the ability to spot issues that will impact the business and bring needed information to teams impacted for clarity, visibility, and informed decision-making.
- 7+ years of direct experience in the field of privacy with focus on compliance/auditing
- Knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR, CASL, HIPAA as it pertains to Business Associates, FERPA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders
- Passion to work in collaborative team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness
- Obsessively responsive
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, meet multiple deadlines across all priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes a must
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
Role reports to the Associate General Counsel, Product and Regulatory Compliance, as a critical part of the global legal team.
Check us out with a free download: zoom.us/download
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!