PC Desktop Support Technician
This opening is more than 212 days old and is very likely already filled.
Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. We are currently looking for a PC Desktop Support Technician for our Austin, Texas location.
This position requires 2-4 years of PC desktop support experience. The selected candidate will provide desk side IT assistance to approximately 300 local internal company employees and 1000 remote internal company employees over the phone.
Responsible for on-site troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and installation of desktops, notebooks, printers, Microsoft based operating systems, client software and mobile devices. Analyze and resolve the typical IT client hardware, software, printer, and network/security client related issues experienced in a corporate environment. Requires a strong customer focus and excellent analytical, problem solving, oral, telephone, and written communication skills. Must be extremely organized and able to work without direct supervision.
Minimum Associates degree required. Certifications are a plus.
The work schedule is comprised of 8hr shifts, Monday through Friday 9-6PM Central.
- Image, install, configure and deploy PC’s for new employees.
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot print servers and printers.
- Assist employees with moving their IT equipment during department and office moves.
- Assist employees with typical IT client issues and questions, such as accessing the corporate wireless, connecting via VPN, unable to login to the local computer or corporate applications, and remediation of virus/malware.
- Perform basic windows administration such as password resets and file and folder administration.
- Track incidents, requests and problems in an IT Service Management tool and track inventory deployments and reclaims in an Asset Management tool.
- Interact with internal company employees, assisting them both in-person and remotely, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Job requires the ability to lift, move and relocate equipment, monitors, and peripherals that may weigh up to 50lbs each.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned or required.
- 2-4 years of experience working in an PC desktop role in a medium-to-large corporate environment.
- 2-4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware issues with PC’s and mobile devices.
- 2-4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving client PC network connectivity issues in an enterprise environment such as issues with accessing the internet, accessing the local network and accessing wireless.
- 2-4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, resolving and installing Windows operating systems (Windows 7 / 8 / 10) and Microsoft Office Suites (including O365). Experience with InTune/Modern Desktop a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving issues with internet browsers, Java, and other client software products used in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in client imaging, patching, virus/malware removal and remediation, software installations and desktop remote control.
- A positive attitude, ability to work well with others and places the customer first.
- Minimum Associates degree required. Certifications are a plus.
Why work with us?
o Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
o When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
o Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
o We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
o Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.quest.com/careers.