Proposal Manager - Remote
The following duties are normal for this position; however, they are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Duties and Other Responsibilities
- Prepare quotations for protocols, bid requests, study revisions and additions using the companys pricing tools.
- Complete budget to actual reconciliations at predetermined time points over the course of awarded studies.
- Assist in monitoring pricing practices to determine accuracy and relevance to study type and operation processes.
- Assist in making recommendations on desirable proposals based on established financial and operational criteria, as required.
- Follow up with Business Development Directors to ensure that proposals are complete and answer their need.
- Coordinate and facilitate quotation generation to ensure smooth and timely business process flow by working with appropriate staff and partner laboratories.
- Assist with information request responses and proposal tracking.
- Assist with the preparation of Business Development presentations.
- Update CRM database, as needed, and ensure accuracy of departmental information.
- Participate in Business Operations initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of departmental reports, as assigned.
- Provide back-up assistance for other departmental functions (e.g., contracts, marketing, outreach, etc.), when needed.
- Perform all other related duties, as assigned.
Bachelors degree or equivalent in science, business, or marketing related discipline, 3-5 years customer service or related experience. Experience in a contract research and/or research setting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Ability to perform calculations and manage budgets. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to budget management for clinical trials.
Certificates and Licenses
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or clinical research protocols. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and clients.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint, as well as an aptitude for learning new database software quickly. SalesForce and SharePoint experience preferred.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office equipment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We value our employees time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.