Digital Marketing Associate - Content Focus
- Work in a team setting to plan and execute creative content campaigns
- Spend time brainstorming and researching creative content ideas for clients
- Develop media relations strategies for campaigns, seeking out high-level placements in online media
- Identify targets for and perform outreach to journalists and bloggers
- Promote content on social media and niche communities
- Build lasting relationships that can be leveraged for future content-sharing
- Be comfortable with the analytics around content: search demand, traffic (through Google Analytics), social shares, etc.
- Use tools such as Buzzsumo, Moz Content, Buzzstream, Cision, and others to identify opportunities
- Have strong problem solving skills - if you don't know something, but a client needs it, you will do everything you can to quickly figure it out
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or another related field
- Prior work in an agency or newsroom
- Experience working with clients
- Creative minded and willing to share your ideas
- Prior work with SEO or content tools such as Moz, Raven, Screaming Frog, SpyFu, Buzzstream, etc.
- Deeply knowledgeable and highly active participant on social media (i.e you use Reddit/Buzzfeed/Twitter/Instagram/FB for more than entertainment, and can understand and identify trends and what people want)
- Regular reader of news and content
- Experienced in creating and promoting content on the web
- Ability to pitch to media
- Strong writing ability with a portfolio of consistent writing for the web (on a blog or website)
- Able to turn analysis into a persuasive deliverables for a client
- Able to work well as part of a team
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh. We offer a flexible work schedule, so you'll be able to work about 40% remote (home, coffee shop, etc) and 60% in the office with the rest of the team. This is not a remote position - you must be available to work in our Raleigh office 3 days per week.
Benefits & Culture
Go Fish Digital offers great health care benefits (with a significant portion paid by the company), a generous 401k program, and a flexible, balanced work schedule. We're employee-friendly, and include small but fun perks like free Netflix and Spotify subscriptions, a Kindle reader, a free eBook every quarter, a free run/race entry per year, and more. With our trusting and flexible work culture comes responsibility, so you'll need to be the type of worker who is disciplined enough to get things done without someone watching over your shoulder. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas to the table, and to work above and beyond our core hours of 8:00 to 4:00 each day when needed.
Instructions for Applying
For consideration, please write a custom two-paragraph cover letter and include your salary requirements. (The two paragraph suggestion is so you don't feel obligated to write something super long.) If the website you're using to apply doesn't allow you to attach a separate cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document. This is extremely important, as you will not be considered without it. This ensures you can follow directions and have read all the way down to here. :)
We'll read your cover letter first, so really personalize it and let it showcase your personality and strengths. This should not be a stiff, boilerplate piece of writing. Be real, be yourself, and make us want to learn more about you. Stand out from the crowd! (Hint: We eliminate any applicant who doesn't follow these cover letter instructions).