Customer Service Technical Support Administrator
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The Customer Support department is part of the Pearson Global Service and Support team and serves as the primary point of contact for Pearson Online & Blended Learning families, and school staff. Through multi-channel support streams, we provide general program information, enrollment support, password reset assistance and account changes. In addition, we provide escalation assistance, process guidance to tier 1 support agents, workforce management, and quality and training support to Family Support groups.
The Service Desk Tech 1, School Technical Support will work in our Columbia contact center and remotely, providing technical support services to school teachers and staff as they set up and use our technology from initial startup, troubleshooting, and virus/spyware removal, to resolution of software, hardware, printer, and network issues.
Service Desk Tech 1, School Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, printers, and network issues by listening to the user and asking appropriate questions to build a solution.
- Log all calls using our in house call tracking system, creating detailed, accurate entries and escalate when necessary.
- Specify user problems and provide a detailed solution to resolve each issue.
- Act as liaison for application problems between users and developers.
- Assist in the collection of data for identifying user requirements that may result in future system development or training.
- Keep current with the development of our ever-changing applications.
- Document products, processes or problems in detail and suggest improvements or solutions.
- Work with manager to investigate and implement ways of deflecting calls and increasing self service.
- Work occasional additional hours, 2nd shift, and/or weekends when necessary.
- Work to perform other duties that may be necessary for the organization, including manual labor. (Staging materials, packing, inventory, delivery).
- Projects - supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Atleast 2 years of call center experience required.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Office 2010/2016 and Office 365.
- Strong remote troubleshooting and working knowledge of High-Speed connections (DSL/Cable-Modem) and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Bomgar or comparable remote support tool.
- An understanding of DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Strong troubleshooting and working knowledge of consumer networking devices, wireless devices, Windows file and share permissions, and network printing issues.
- Experience with Google Apps for Education and Business.
- Continually updating and optimizing support process and documentation.
- Ability to make quick and clear decisions in accordance with Connections Academy policy.
- Meet all deadlines while paying attention to details.
- Organize, prioritize and multi-task while managing users’ expectations.
- Work effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Problem-solving methodology.
Salary: $19.00 to $23.00 /hour
- call center: 2 years (Required)
- Technical Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)