Technical Support Analyst II (Voice Apps Team)
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for level two support for the PDB Services (Voice) suite of products. Responsibilities include review, analyze and evaluate reported issues, participate in the product Agile development life cycle, create documentation to support and improve knowledgebase and processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Respond to situations where level one support has been unable to isolate or resolve problems for the Voice suite of products.
- Determines if the incident is working per documented specifications, is incorrectly configured, or a software defect through research and collaboration with other teams.
- Engage the appropriate team responsible for final corrective action. Provides status update on findings and actions taken to the first line product support.
- Support multiple production and non-production environments.
- Support annual disaster recovery exercises.
- Required to provide off-hours support to our clients as part of an on-call rotation.
- Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to appropriate teams.
- Analyze business operations to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Conduct system maintenance and monitoring to ensure adherence to contracted service level agreements as well as ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Implements new environments, features, functionality, or users as requested by discussing configuration requirements with the requestor, and defines how to configure the environment, application, and files to meet the requirements for implementation.
- Implements change (e.g., feature, functionality, code, and/or configuration changes) and validates the results to ensure success of those changes and that there are no negative impacts.
- Excellent customer support and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, ever-changing team environment.
- Ability to support 24x7 on call rotation.
- Ability to recognize areas in need of improvement and solve complex problems related to interconnected software components.
- Basic to intermediate Querying Capabilities for Microsoft SQL Server &/or Oracle required.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of operating systems Windows, UNIX/AIX, Linux operating systems; understanding of the available system utilities and/or logs and the proper use and interpretation of the information to isolate errors, interpret performance indicators, and apply/correlate findings to reported application issues.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of technical editing skills like (e.g., VI, Vim, XML).
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of SQL and relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL, DB2).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge with product(s) for automation, such as file system management, file transferring, monitoring, security, networking, etc.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of web services and internet protocols.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrates an understanding of client/server architecture and remote desktop/administration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of additional technical support tools, such as ticket/incident tracking (e.g., Remedy, Jira, etc.).
- Previous experience with CSG, especially around PDB Voice services &/or telecom industry experience a plus.