This opening is more than 187 days old and is very likely already filled.
Our engineering team is small, experienced, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing API endpoints and services, this role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and debugging code in support of project goals. On a daily basis this individual will be working within the agile methodology in an iterative development environment.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 3+ years experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience with system testing methodologies and software development life cycles
- 3+ years experience working in the agile framework and ensure that the agile process and standards are established and followed
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
- Flexible to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- Must be a team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.