This opening is more than 212 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionW. H. Leary, a global supplier of quality assurance systems to the folding carton industry, is seeking a full-time, on-site technical writer and content manager. This position is responsible for planning, developing and writing complex technical documentation for both new and existing products and working with Subject Matter Experts to ensure accuracy. Responsibilities also include developing and improving technical documentation standards as well as managing translation of material. This position is on-site (not eligible for remote work).
- Meet with subject matter experts and project stakeholders to gather the knowledge needed to create technical documentation
- Organize, prioritize and logically present complex information from multiple sources
- Publish technical information to online knowledge database, technical documents, implementation guides, reference manuals, training materials and other associated documents.
- Maintain and create templates and format documents to achieve a standardized look for all documentation
- Maintain version control of documentation
- Create technical diagrams to depict system structure and process flow
- Maintain and improve technical documentation best practices and standards
- Manage the translation of documentation into various languages
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communication or related field
- 3 years experience developing technical documentation
- Experience with Madcap Flare
- Experience with document repositories
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and translate highly technical concepts and information into training materials
- Fundamental knowledge of business processes and systems associated with a technology company
Company DescriptionW. H. Leary Company, Inc.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401K retirement plan with a generous company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability insurance and paid time-off. We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company in a clean, team oriented environment!
For more than 90 years the W. H. Leary Company has made a dedicated commitment to engineering and manufacturing quality assurance, data collection, and glue application solutions for the packaging industry. We are the premier provider of these solutions for a global market. Corporately located in Tinley Park, IL with a European office in the UK, Leary products are sold and supported throughout the world with representation in over 60 countries.