Technical Support Technician
Zix is an amazing company that has more than doubled in size in the last 3 years and will double again by 2023. Were adding to our position as a leading Cybersecurity company that values phenomenal service and solutions.
With recent acquisitions adding to our strong foundation, Zix now offers a complete suite of productivity and email data protection solutions. We have new solutions and new energy and were looking for new people to add to our continued growth.
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity? Do you love helping others by sharing your technical knowledge? At Zix we depend on the enthusiasm, dedication and efforts of our Support Technicians to care for customers and to continue to ensure a great customer experience with Zix products.
Currently hiring for daytime shifts, hours may fall between 8 am and 11 pm.
What you will be doing:
As a Zix Support Technician, you will provide meaningful technical support to customers across the globe. You will provide support in all aspects of connectivity between Zix products and client systems including but not limited to mobile devices, workstations, servers and applications. Through this work you will develop a complete understanding of Zix products with a working knowledge of complementary products and services as well.
You will also be responsible for:
- Collaborating with your internal team to analyze and develop solutions to highly complex problems
- Managing telephone, instant messaging and ticket queues so that client issues are tracked and resolved in a timely fashion
- Facilitating Live Remote Assistance sessions with clients having technical issues that cannot be resolved via the phone, tickets or through email
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, command line Unix/Linux)
- Understanding of mail flow through the internet, DNS and Mail protocols such as IMAP, Pop3 and SMTP and associated logs
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two or more years of work experience supporting end-user computing preferred
- Any higher education or technical certifications beneficial (e.g. MCSA, MCSE, A+ or similar)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Must be detailed in documenting information and practice good follow-through techniques
All positions require a criminal background screening.