Software Support Specialist
Job DescriptionBrock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Software Support Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Irving, TX (Near Dallas)
As a member of the Service Team, you will have the opportunity to support and work on exciting high-profile airport, airline, and parcel/post systems in North America and around the world. Our skilled team of Support Specialists are able to stretch their skills sets with a wide variety of cloud, IT/OT, and IoT systems. This is a meaningful role that affects many people every day and requires strong problem solving and customer service skills.
- Troubleshoot a variety of cloud, IT/OT, and IoT systems remotely and occasionally on site
- Represent Brock Solutions as the first point of contact for technical incidents, inquiries, and follow-up while maintaining CRM tool with updates, next steps, and resolution summary.
- Quickly identify and develop resolution to incidents to reduce end user impact
- Provide excellent customer service and communication through empathy and seeking to understand customer processes, environment, and issue impact.
- Be resourceful to ensure that we meet contractual requirements and customer expectations
- Contribute to Service Team knowledge through sharing information and/or writing knowledge articles
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, document, and recommend improvements to products and internal processes
- Contribute to continuous improvements within the Service Team
- Assist with customer and new product onboarding
- 1 – 3 years of experience within a similar role and industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or college equivalent
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Ability to learn new processes and technologies quickly
- Capacity to - remain calm, empathetic, and in control of high stress situations
- Ability to identify and manage potential escalations in a timely manner
- Solid foundational knowledge of:
- Windows, Windows server;
- Web Servers and Web Services
- SQL Server (administration, and/or writing basic queries)
- Server hardware and basic networking.
- It is an asset if you have experience/knowledge of the following
- Programming languages: C#, ASP.NET, C++, Java;
- Software Development Lifecycle;
- Interfaces to controls (OPC, Kepware, etc.) and HMI (FactoryTalk and Wonderware).
- Please note that this position may require travel (approximately 10%), and is part of an on-call rotation
- New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Please apply on our website at https://careers.brocksolutions.com/Careers.aspx?req=SW-SUPP-DAL-19