This opening is more than 260 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: Birmingham, AL
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
As a member of the Customer Experience Team, you will design engaging content for our Help Center, including Getting Started guides, video tutorials, onboarding checklists, best practices guides, FAQs, training materials, and other content. You will collaborate with Product Managers & Designers, Software Engineers, Customer Success team members and others to ensure product and documentation continuity. You will be responsible for maintaining all key processes around content management including development, approval, publication, and refreshes. You will be an expert on the Fleetio platform and the fleet industry and use that knowledge to support various internal departments with your assistance and content.
We're looking for someone who is tech-savvy, a stickler for grammar, and an expert at finding just the right combination of words to make complex subjects easy to understand. You are obsessed with the details, and you genuinely care about providing your customers and coworkers with the best self-service experience. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create written and video documentation to help our customers better understand our features.
- Manage all current content in the customer-facing Help Center.
- Apply existing processes and develop new approaches to content management, including content identification, development, approval, publication, and updates.
- Use Help Center metrics to track, analyze and improve help center content.
- Become a Fleetio product expert, being aware of the latest releases and features.
- Identify customer usage trends that point to areas for improvement.
- Assist with answering internal product queries to identify gaps in our knowledge base.
- Master our knowledge base platform (currently Zendesk Guide): adopt existing practices and advocate for new approaches and implementation.
- Cross-training with the QA and Support teams to broaden your knowledge and skillsets.
What's in it for you
- The opportunity to focus on a disruptive product that empowers its users to be more efficient, effective and informed.
- Work with fascinating customers and prospects who are leading the global transportation industry.
- Be part of an incredible team of A-players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We're a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or remotely (within the United States).
- Collaborate in a transparent environment where you are provided the necessary tools, processes, and encouragement to excel every day.
- Be heard by colleagues who are eager to apply the best practices and ideas you bring to the table and who will share theirs as well.
- Thrive in an environment where you are encouraged to give your customers the proper care and attention they need to be successful.
- At least three years experience developing customer-facing content in a SaaS/B2B environment and experience managing the content development process from beginning to end.
- A proven record of creating content and training that directly impacts customer success. We’d love to see your portfolio or some samples of your work and outcomes - please be sure to include such in your cover letter.
- Ideally, our top candidate has previous experience analyzing user inactions with a tool such as Google Analytics, Fullstory or Heap.
- Experience with an online documentation tool such as Zendesk Guide and video production tools such as ScreenFlow or similar.
- Proven ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Your work is meticulous and precise when executing a task. When it comes to details, you are painstakingly accurate and consistently thorough.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication or technical writing or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in the Fleet Management industry is a plus!
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks (HQ only)