Company Industry: Retail
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Product Copywriter
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through July 2020
Our Customer is an American worldwide clothing and accessories retailer, founded in 1969. Over the last 50 years, the company has grown from a single store to a global fashion business with seven brands. Their clothes are available in 90 countries worldwide through over 3,100 company-operated stores, almost 400 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites and is still growing.
We are seeking a Program Copywriter on a contract basis to write advertising copy to promote the sale of goods and services by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner.
What You’ll Do:
• Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet
• Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding
• Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process
• Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet
• Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing and management.
• Track the progress of assigned pages throughout the catalog process and track the progress of products on the Internet
• Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
• Read and maintain a library of current reference materials
• Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction
• 1+ year of relevant experience
• Writing experience in advertising or related field
• Ability to use desktop publishing programs (preferably QuarkXPress)
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel (prefer FileMaker Pro as well)
• Minimum of basic Internet/e-commerce knowledge
Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco office. There is no remote capability for this role.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.