Remote Copywriter & Editor
This opening is more than 181 days old and is very likely already filled.
What We're Looking For
- Backgrounds spanning any and all industries
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexible schedule (this position requires 40 hours of remote availability per week)
- Extreme care of content to capture the voice and style of our clients
- Requires a reliable laptop, office equipment, and Internet access
What You'll Do
If you’re seeking a long-term freelance partnership, we’d love to hear from you.
- Write and edit an array of content types from blog posts to sales copy to longform content, spanning over 800+ industries.
- Work with over 1,000+ different publishers on the web/in the media, ranging from entertainment and lifestyle to industry-specific opportunities
- Find flexibility in a 40-hour/week, independent contractor position, as you tackle assignments from the location of your choosing
This position is fully remote! Work from anywhere as long as you have a great Internet connection and a comfortable workspace.
Each writer and editor will gain access to our project management software where they will complete our “Bootcamp” training programs centered to specific areas of work. All projects and correspondence with our internal team will take place here.
- Access to hundreds of online courses and training materials, as well as paid subscriptions to the most popular media sources out there!
- On-site, state of the art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, trend watch reports, and quarterly Lunch-and-Learns
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
What You'll Get
The Perks of Joining Our Mission
- Grow in Your Career: Each of our partners benefits from our world-class training program. As part of our mission, we commit to helping our team and partners stay on the leading edge of the industry. We achieve this through ongoing training programs, incentives for learning, and more.
- Longevity: Current team members in this position have been in the role for over 10 years. Hear from current remote contractors.
- Monthly Retainers: In addition to the compensation provided to the contractor, WebFX offers 6 paid holidays along with a $180 monthly retainer to utilize as the contractor sees fit in order to better perform the agreed upon services to WebFX.
- Flexible Schedule: As an independent contractor, you get to choose your optimal work schedule and have the convenience of working from home.
- Make a Difference: WebFX strives to not only improve the lives of our clients and everyone who works for them, but to make a tangible difference on a global level as well. Through #FXBuilds, our goal is to positively change the lives of 10,000 people by 2024. Your work will contribute to #FXBuilds by helping us reach client goals!
- Performance Bonuses: Contractors are eligible for performance bonuses totaling up to $1,000 per year.
- The ability and freedom to take on other clients and freelance projects in addition to their work at WebFX.
- Job Type: Contract Position
- Hourly Rates from $15 to $18. An annual income equivalent to $31k to $37k (potentially higher based on work experience)
- $1k potential in bonuses annually
- $180 monthly stipend: Extra cash for whatever you deem necessary to improve your remote work life! Other writers and editors have used this bonus to cover their various expenses such as Internet, health care expenses, contributions to their rent, luxuries for their home office, and much more. This bonus is provided as a thank you for your ongoing contributions and loyalty to WebFX.
- Flexible Schedule
- Pet Friendly Office
- Profit Sharing
- Little Amps Coffee & Tea Bar
- On-site Fitness Center
- 150% Company Match Of Personal Charity Donations
- Supplemental Insurance
- IRA With Company Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Wellness Program
- FXLearns Library
- Activity Groups
- Humanitarian Trips
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- New Parent Support
- Casual Dress Code
- Home Buyer Program
- Personal Desk Fund
- Green Commute Benefits
- Pawternity Leave