This opening is more than 265 days old and is very likely already filled.
Job DescriptionContent Writer reports to the Head of Content, and is responsible for supporting One Firefly by producing engaging content in the form of unique blogs, newsletters, press releases, social media updates, and case studies for our clients. As a production based role, the Content Writer will have no structural client-facing responsibilities, or campaign management duties for client accounts. He or she will be expected to work closely with account managers to ensure production for each client account remains on schedule, while regularly producing high quality content for multiple clients. Our ideal candidate has a strong writing background and is highly organized. As an experienced Content Writer with demonstrable creative writing skills, this person should be able to develop valuable content that ultimately helps our customers in the technology sector improve their return on investment and grow their businesses. The ideal person for this role will have a proven track record managing production for multiple B2B accounts. He or she isn’t afraid to take direction, is adept at working within a team environment and is equally comfortable working independently. This person should be highly motivated, a quick learner and will be expected to pursue assigned tasks with diligence and passion. Polished written skills are an absolute must.
**Note: This is a full-time, remote-based (work from home) position or you can work from our co-working space**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and edit content for all channels in the marketing ecosystem, including unique blogs, newsletters, social media (on a regular basis), and others as directed, including, but not limited to, press releases, case studies, and white papers.
- Maintain an editorial calendar and keep all campaign objectives aligned with client expectations, goals, and schedule
- Proofreading and editing various content forms as needed
- Thoroughly researches topics to enhance and substantiate content
- Social media management and local citation management for our customers as needed
- Contributes to the overall development of our team’s product and creative strategy
- Collaborate across departments and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet campaign objectives at the lowest possible cost
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development.
- Editorial governance so content is consistent with a brand voice, style and tone of our clients.
- Work closely with campaign account managers to receive feedback and modify content as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, English or Communications strongly preferred
- At least two years of experience writing professionally, preferably web content
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in all things related to effective content creation for: web content, newsletter/email, social media, press releases, white papers, case studies, etc.
- Passion for writing strategic copy and creative content for multiple audiences in a fast-paced and evolving industry.
- Experience in technology/consumer electronics/home automation industries preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to carry detailed projects through to completion
- Impeccable knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Proven record of Integrity
- Proven record of following through on commitments
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress or other Content Management Software
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to translate that into original content for specific marketing channels
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions with proactive approach to problem identification and solving.
- Knowledge of best-practices and industry trends as it relates to content creation
- Quick learner
- High level of enthusiasm
- Proven problem solver that takes initiative
- Result oriented with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional listening skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proven team player mentality
- Ability to travel for periodic team training events
One Firefly is an award-winning marketing agency catering to the custom integration, security and clean tech industries. Founded in 2007, One Firefly is based in Davie, FL with additional offices throughout the USA and Mexico.