Community Events Specialist
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
Why we need you
Our vision for the PagerDuty Community is to create a place for IT practitioners to engage with other practitioners and experts at PagerDuty to learn and improve the practice of their craft, ideally by leveraging the PagerDuty platform. As the Community Events Manager, you’ll work within the Community & Advocacy Team, reporting to our Head of Community, to organize and manage our community events programs. You’ll work with internal teams, industry organizations, and external vendors to deliver world class event programs that drive successful results against strategic objectives, timelines, and financial goals. The ideal candidate thrives under pressure, loves work travel, and has a passion for event production and logistics.
- Manage and implement PagerDuty’s community events strategy – contribute to strategic goal setting, budget creation, success metrics, and reporting out to the team and company.
- Execution of event sponsorship program that serves practitioners (ex: DevOpsDays, SRECon). Provide end-to-end management including: planning, deadline tracking, implementing promotional campaigns, managing on-site booth staff and activities, contracting and payment management.
- Recruit and train high-performing booth teams for on-site event execution, expanding current training resources as needed.
- Management of the post-event process including tracking community-qualified leads, pipeline generation, event ROI, and internally distribute success stories.
- Research and advocate for event opportunities that provide exceptional impact and that align with our team goals.
- Act as primary point person and partner to internal sales team looking to execute small event sponsorships in their region.
- Plan, promote, and execute our in-person Breakathon event, an un-hackathon for developers, as part of our PagerDuty Summit.
- Serve as a strategic partner with internal stakeholders in the development of the annual events calendar to ensure cross functional collaboration and event alignment.
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in managing events and conferences
- BA/BS degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Strong background in self-led project management
- Comfortable using or learning Smartsheet, Google Suite, social media
- Understand how to work with a technical audience – engineers, developers, etc.
- Experience with customer communications, engagement, or supportTrack record of managing or organizing tech events
Key skills and attributes
- Very strong organizational skills. Ability to work smart under pressure and efficiently on multiple project requests simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and unexpected complexities can crop
- Accountability for results and team effectiveness. Strong time management and multitasking skills, flexibility and professional confidence.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written. Can emcee an event in front of a live audience without skipping a
- Metrics-driven through-and-through. Cares deeply about measuring and setting goals for our community events.
- Hands on with a fine attention to
- Strong leadership presence and confidence, willing to take on big challenges, advocate a position, build a business case, and influence others
- Remote friendly colleague – much of our Community & Advocacy team is distributed so being comfortable with remote collaboration is a must!
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.