Recruiter at Wikimedia Foundation
We are seeking a contract Recruiter to assist our global recruiting team supporting various functions across the organization. This is a high touch position requiring a passion for developing strong internal and external relationships, providing a flawless candidate experience, utilizing creative sourcing strategies and critical thinking skills and a thoughtful approach when assessing talent. We value, and have made progress in, building a diverse team at Wikimedia and would like to intentionally grow our team to continue fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace across the foundation. You are passionate about our mission and energized by the opportunity to share it with others across the world.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for assigned full time and contract positions across all verticals (both tech and G&A as needed) and global regions (US and International): shepherding and supporting process appropriately in order to meet hiring goals (from assisting hiring managers with job description development, screening/sourcing, interview phase through to offer negotiation and close)
- Screen inbound applicants and identify and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques with mindfulness around building a more diverse pipeline and maintaining a consistent and inclusive interview process
- Lead kick-off meetings, regular check-ins and debriefs with hiring managers and interview teams to calibrate as needed
- Ensure we provide a thoughtful, genuine and memorable candidate experience
- Flexibility to support the existing recruiting team as needed and work with various departments and business functions to build relationships across the organization
- Support outreach efforts via recruiting conferences, career fairs and workshops via strategic networking opportunities
- Provide tactical and strategic support on all recruiting projects and programs
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in both technical and non-technical roles
- Extensive experience screening, sourcing, interviewing, negotiating with and closing top candidates
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and establish trust and credibility quickly by maintaining clear, authentic and regular communication
- Organized and diligent by nature with a self-starter mentality and strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Value the importance of having a deep understanding and context for the roles and hiring teams you support
- International experience a plus; ability to support different time zones a must
- Ability to work fully remote and interface with a primarily remote, highly distributed international workforce
- Experience using Greenhouse and utilizing sourcing tools a plus
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Location: Remote (US)
Duration: 5-6 months
Hours: 40 hours per week