Customer Support Specialist
About Us & What We Do
Each of our teams plays an important part in making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable cloud hosting provider in the industry, but when customers tell us what they love about us, "Customer Support" should be at the top of their list. Our Support team is directly responsible for ensuring our customers are happy, heard, and helped fully in every interaction they have with us. We're growing, and we need individuals who are passionate, driven, and humble in their abilities to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
In Support, we go above and beyond when providing solutions and resources to solve customer problems. We work through various channels to help our customers (tickets, emails, phone calls, social media), and we do so quickly, with technical accuracy, and with sincerity at the heart of every interaction. We empower every team member to feel confident and capable of handling any issue that comes our way through a robust training and mentorship program. We LOVE Linux, and we use it every day. Our environment and the tools we use at Linode make it easy to switch between independent, autonomous work and collaboration with colleagues for customer escalations, projects, and product development. Our culture and core values in Support influence everything we do, and we seek every opportunity to improve ourselves, our team, our processes, and our company.
This is a regular 40 hours/week position located in our Philadelphia, PA office on N3RD Street. We provide 24/7/365 support to our customers, which means if you are interested in this position, you should be open to non-traditional shifts (including overnights).
About You & What We Are Looking For
- You have some experience working in a customer-facing environment. You act with the customer in mind and you advocate on their behalf, always. Helping people just comes naturally to you.
- You're an excellent communicator. You're able to explain complex subjects simply, and your writing is clear and concise.
- You dive in headfirst when faced with a difficult or unfamiliar issue. You understand the importance of doing good research, asking informed questions, and exploring every possible avenue when solving problems.
- You are a self-starter. You actively seek out and enjoy opportunities to learn new things.
- Maybe Linux is semi-sort of new to you or maybe you're already pretty comfortable with the command line. Either way, you love technology as much we do, and have a natural curiosity for tackling technical challenges.
- You're proactive. You eagerly take ownership and responsibility for new tasks, and you take a lot of pride in the work you do.
- You engage with and support your teammates. You help foster a positive and productive working environment for everyone, and people feel like they can rely on you.
- Dealing with ambiguity is your middle name. Sometimes things don't work according to plan and that's okay; when things go awry, you can easily shift gears and change your game-plan.
- You're not afraid of feedback and you don't fear failure. You recognize both of these as the potential for growth and you welcome them with confidence that you will do better.
Why You Should Work For Us
- We pay our people well, and we believe in recognizing and compensating those who go the extra mile.
- We think a healthy work/life balance is crucial to being successful. We offer 3 days/week remote work, variable scheduling, parental leave, and a very generous paid time off package.
- We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Self-care is important to us. We provide up to $100 per month towards gym memberships, massages, etc.
- We'll provide the tools you need to do great work (MacBook Pro, accessories, etc.)
- Take advantage of our services at Linode - we'll pick up the tab.
- What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We bring in a catered lunch once a week.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceana. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.