At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life.
Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers.
OluKai is looking for a Copywriter for its Marketing Department located in Orange County, CA.
The Copywriter is responsible for maintaining the brand’s voice across all written touchpoints, including concepting campaign storylines with a creative agency through executing copy needs across all mediums including web, social, online advertising, consumer catalog, advertising and trade collateral.
The Copywriter is responsible for maintaining seasonally approved copy assets as well as managing the distribution of those assets across internal marketing functions as well as externally to retail partners, ensuring OluKai’s voice stays authentic and consistent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the creative and marketing teams to establish the copy asset needs across season and campaign. Work directly with creative to execute established communication tactics, such as advertisements or catalog narratives. Overall be the direct point person for all brand copy from concept to execution. Maintain a set of standard copy assets per season, or campaign to be used throughout the marketing department.
- Audit and write all consumer facing website copy for landing, PDP and blog pages. Write all copy for email blasts as well as online advertising. Understand the challenge of bridging brand story with technical copy needs (SEO).
- Write copy as needed for all marketing collateral needs from social media, event posters/brochures, consumer/trade collateral, presentations/PowerPoints. Help with internal copy needs for press releases, staff meetings, etc as needed.
- Establish a quality driven proofing process, to ensure all copy published by the brand is compelling, accurate and culturally accurate. Enlist the support of internal/external resources to ensure success.
- Pair with graphic designers to concept and execute the narrative of several direct mail catalogs each year.
- Assist in the research of relevant lifestyle stories or potential ambassador relationships to help bring to life content for the brand.
- Collaborate with Hawaiian language experts to ensure the brand’s use of language, phonetic pronunciation and diacritics is accurate and culturally respectful.
- Establish streamlined management tools and performance KPI’s to efficiently manage event execution and drive new customer acquisition and retention. Continually improve the effectiveness events through regular KPI review and project debriefings.
- Scale up copy resources when necessary, research/recruit 3rd party copywriters and manage their deliverables as needed.
- Help research vendors, photoshoot locations, product technical stories or any essential research need for the marketing, direct-to-consumer departments.
- Bachelor’s degree required - BA/BS degree in Journalism, History, Philosophy, or other related discipline a plus.
- This position requires solid experience in brand copywriting. 2-5 years of related professional experience, agency or client-side, preferably working with consumer lifestyle brands, footwear or apparel experience. A passion for Ocean Lifestyle, premium branding and indigenous languages is a must.
- Must be extremely creative and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects, pivot when priorities change and always bring a positive attitude everyday.
- Thorough knowledge of general writing rules/grammar, branding, product launch planning, marketing collateral development and social media communication.
- Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget. Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and International locations, some weekend travel and evening meetings.
- Demonstrate a passion for product and brand building.
- Team players required