TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, you must apply using the "Application Process" below. Applicants using only Linkedin's "Easy Apply" will NOT be considered.
The Content Coordinator is a critical part of the National Golf Course Owners Association’s communications team, and the position’s time will be split evenly between Education and Marketing (see breakdown in duties below):
- Act as an editorial assistant for the Editor in Chief/Director of Education
- Research and produce digital news content
- Digital responsibilities would develop as changes were made to print production cycles
- Oversee print issue archives and requests for back issues
- Assist with proofreading NGCOA content for other departments
- Manage most Golf Business magazine and Golf Business Podcast email communications, including writing messages, sourcing images, managing lists, and reporting and analyzing results
- Manage Golf Business magazine website content including daily uploads, tagging and management of all content (for cross-referencing between centers)
- Manage Golf Business magazine’s social media accounts including posting, responding, following, etc.
- Perform other education duties as assigned
- Manage NGCOA’s social media accounts including posting, concepting and launching campaigns, responding to comments, following/interacting with members, live coverage of events, multimedia (video, audio, etc.)
- Manage most NGCOA and advertiser email communications, including writing messages, sourcing images, creating surveys, managing lists, and reporting and analyzing results
- Manage NGCOA website content including daily uploads, tagging and management of all content (for cross-referencing between centers)
- Provide conference support for speakers and awards recipients
- Perform other marketing duties as assigned
The Best Candidate:
You’re a communications superstar: hyper-organized, goal-driven, calendar-focused, detail-oriented, and a self-starter. You can take charge of the activity right now but also see its big picture to anticipate all angles and prepare for what’s next. You’re a natural multi-tasker, with an ability to balance unrelated tasks, report to multiple supervisors, and change direction with ease and enthusiasm at a moment’s notice. You have a true passion for connecting with various audiences, whether through email, social media, articles and letters, over the phone or in person. You love technology, learn quickly, and have a real curiosity for how to improve systems and processes. You must be an excellent writer!
Current platforms and technology being used:
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Higher Logic/NetForum
- 3-5 years of work (or full-time internship) experience in a high-volume, deadline-driven marketing, social media or other interactive communications firm, agency or department
- Above-average promotional, business, and technical writing skills
- Experience distributing a high quantity of emails through a dynamic marketing platform
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and successfully and quickly shift gears in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Solid work ethic, and professional, positive, get-it-done-now attitude
- Self-motivated enough to work alone, but confident enough to work with various members of the team
- Adobe Creative Suite and videography/editing experience a plus, but not required
About the National Golf Course Owners Association:
Established in 1979 and headquartered in Charleston, S.C., the NGCOA is the leading authority on the business of golf course ownership and management. The association represents and promotes the interests of golf courses as the principal businesses and economic assets of the game of golf. The not-for-profit organization is the only trade association dedicated exclusively to golf course owners and operators. Through advocacy, education and information resources, purchasing programs and networking opportunities, the NGCOA helps golf course owners and operators run more successful businesses.
Please submit the following in PDF attachments to [email protected] (applications which do not contain ALL the items below will NOT be considered):
- Cover letter (the body of your email can serve as your cover letter)
- Resume, no more than 2 pages
- 4 writing samples (email content or otherwise), including at least one promotional, one business-to-business, and one social media campaign
- You may also include URLs for any social media profiles, websites, etc. that you currently manage
$40,000. This position is based in Charleston, S.C. Not remote and no relocation offered. NGCOA offers health insurance (medical, vision, dental, life, etc.), 401(k), very generous PTO, casual dress code, some travel, free golf stuff, and all the coffee you can drink.