Commercial Lines Underwriter
There's nothing more satisfying than knowing you've made a difference in the life of another. As a Professional at Oregon Mutual Insurance you immediately become an integral part of a team that fulfills our company's mission to provide peace of mind to our customers by delivering superior products and service.
We understand our strength is our people. You can't have a Corporate Mission unless you believe in it and you can't have Corporate Values unless you are willing to live by them. You could be the best at what you do, yet at Oregon Mutual Insurance we are only interested in the best who are passionate about their work, who want to learn our products and services, and help our customers every day. If you are you an enthusiastic, collaborative, knowledge-hungry learner who is eager to be a team player and likes a challenge, this could be the right place for you!
The commercial lines underwriter is primarily responsible for risk selection, analysis, documentation, pricing and sales of small to middle market new business. Candidates will also be responsible for renewal retention and ongoing management of existing portfolio. Farm experience a plus. Remote opportunity for the right candidate.
Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum commercial lines underwriting experience of 3+ years with proven history of escalated responsibility
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required with equivalent combination of education, training and/or related experience
- CPCU, AU or CIC, continuing insurance education desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial lines underwriting, risk management and agency management to include technical principles of rating and pricing commercial lines business based upon individual risk criteria to promote underwriting profitability
- Negotiation and sales skills with ability to deliver a challenging message
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
- Prioritization, organizational and follow-up skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Decision making capability with evaluation of the 'big picture'
- Creative problem solving skills with ability to work comfortably within a grey area
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office products
- Current driver's license and acceptable driving record may be required
- Minimum travel as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer