The mission for Salesforce consultants is to understand client strategy and capture business requirements on projects (guided by a partner if relevant for vertical), articulate and execute business requirements with help from other parts of the organization, and make sure they're executed competently. Keep the client happy, communicate progress and budget with Hunley partners to keep them up to date, and manage/advise need for resources
- Understand client's business needs - be business analyst for each project
- Listen to client, articulate their needs, and understand their underlying needs even if they're different from the words they use
- Translate business needs into business requirements, process design, requirements definition
- Have clients comfortable with how the project is coming along - communication, no surprises
- Have Hunley partners comfortable with how the project is coming along - communication, no surprises
- Manage and/or execute on business analysis, process design, requirements definition, configuration/code, data migration, integrations, testing, training
- Manage and advise need for resources for projects, delegating where appropriate
- Run and complete profitable projects
- Get recommendations/referrals from clients
Job Description - Saleforce Consultant
The Hunley Group is a rapidly growing Salesforce Gold Cloud Alliance Partner based in Davidson, NC with an entirely virtual team spread across the country. We’re an exciting, fast-moving consultancy that is customer-focused, highly collaborative, and values the contributions of our team. We have a reputation as both a great partner to our clients as well as a great place to work.
We are seeking an experienced Salesforce consultant to support us in the execution of client projects. You should be extremely comfortable and confident in knocking out Salesforce implementations. We would expect you to be able to take point with clients, driving discovery and analysis, constructing a strategy and proposed architecture, guiding the project overall, and managing/completing the agreed upon configuration (no Apex - will support with coders as needed). You will probably work on multiple projects with different clients simultaneously.
- You will serve as the senior process, strategy, and architectural lead on client projects. We and your clients will lean on you to lead:
- Business analysis and discovery
- Process design
- Requirements definition, including writing org-level, complex implementation requirements that are easy for clients to understand and respond to
- Project management and coordination - managing the schedule, managing the client's PM as well as the internal team
- Instance configuration tasks
- Data migration and management
- Testing and UAT
- Training and launch
- You will lead project teams, managing more junior consultants as needed. You'll use Hunley processes and help us develop them further
- You will take the lead in managing the relationships with the client-side business leads
- You will champion quality on projects, and identify and mitigate risks
- You will manage budgets, ensuring that projects are within budget or getting client agreement to additional work
- Minimum 5 years of experience functioning as a Salesforce consultant
- Salesforce Certifications & experience
- Required: Administrator and either Sales Cloud or Service Cloud
- Other Cloud certifications a plus
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce architecture
- Understanding of data and ability to manage data quality tools
- You should have at least 6 new instance implementations under your belt, or a minimum of a dozen large-scale projects in existing instances. Your role should have been as the primary driver for many of these.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA is a plus
- Good communication skills; able to speak to business users in “layman’s language”
- Critical thinker – spots gaps, challenges assumptions, pushes back against bad ideas, offers best-practices alternatives
- Mindset of configuration before code to maximize maintainability for clients.
- Synthesis: Able to interpret customer requirements definitions; able to create solid requirements definitions based on customer interviews
- High threshold for quality; turns in good product; able to create and follow solid test plans
Serious player with years in Salesforce? Excited to work with a fast growing Salesforce Partner who will push you hard and help you grow? Let's talk.
Please include, along with your resume, a cover letter describing why you were attracted to this posting and why you believe you are a good fit.
Principals Only Please.