Tax Accountant: EA or CPA
The successful candidate will be required to prepare tax returns and provide bookkeeping services to 1-800 Accountant clients. The Tax Accountant will work closely with senior-level accountants to ensure all the client's tax and bookkeeping needs are met. You will assist senior-level accountants in managing a portfolio of clients. This will include interacting with clients over the telephone, providing tax consultation and resolving client concerns. Performance is measured on both productivity (quality and timeliness of completing returns, etc.), and on client relationship management.
- Review and/or preparation of individual (1040) and business tax returns (1120, 1120s,1165) and associated schedules
- Meet or exceed all productivity deadlines, goals, and established client or management expectations
- Preparation of client's financial statements using various bookkeeping software
- Provide tax consulting to individuals and small businesses over the telephone
- Help clients minimize their tax liabilities
- Assists clients during audits and other related inquiries
- Facilitate client meetings via telephone as directed by manager
- Keeps up to date on tax laws and current developments in the tax area
- All other responsibilities or duties assigned by management
- Must hold an EA license, a CPA certification, or be a candidate for either
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years' experience preparing personal and corporate tax returns
- Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, tax preparation, and bookkeeping software, etc. Prior experience using CCH Tax Axcess is a plus
- Must demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively present information over the telephone.
- Ability and interest in participating in a Remote Accounting environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of clients
Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country's 50 best CEO's in the United States by Glassdoor, 1800Accountant is the country's largest virtual accounting firm serving over 40,000 clients.
1-800Accountant is changing the way business owners think about accessing accounting services. Our team-based model allows our members to utilize unlimited advisory services with well seasoned Enrolled Agents and CPAs across the country. From entity selection to individual and business returns our clients are guided by top professionals and receive hands-on service.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, our staff is a diverse team of seasoned and growing career accountants.