Sr. Front End Developer
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A Front-End Developer to join our Digital Experience team. This team is a part of Aetna’s internal marketing & creative agency of 150+ folks (and growing!), and its mission is to design & deliver the optimal marketing experience for an Aetna member or provider partner, applying modern design thinking principles & methodologies to deliver a simple, pleasant and frictionless experience. We believe in thinking beyond our category when it comes defining a best-in-class digital experience, including in how we strategically explore emerging design & technology practices to determine how they might be leveraged to enhance the Aetna member experience. Ultimately, everything our team concepts we make, turning our ideas into testable things our end users can see, touch and interact with.
In service of this mission, the Front-End Developer is responsible for producing web pages, sites, HTML e-mails, digital presentations, clickable HTML / XHTML prototypes, animations and online interfaces within production deadlines and according to functional specifications.
- You understand technology and how it can be a facilitator of an end-user’s desired experience and are always on the lookout for applicable, emerging trends to share with the rest of the creative team
- You excel in defining and designing animated HTML(5) banner ads, responsive HTML email, web pages, enhancements or web sites according to wire frames and/or functional specifications
- You have all sorts of awesome tricks for creating and communicating the structure, logic, flow and navigation of creative concepts through compelling, interactive prototypes.
- You excel in translating business requirements into effective, user-centric experiences
- You ensure that web projects are produced accurately and on schedule, utilizing best practices, and meeting code reviews
- You thrive in collaborating environments with design and development peers
- You understand the importance of accessibility requirements and are diligent in ensuring that developed experiences are accessible by all audience types.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- You have a strong knowledge of digital media channels & digital advertising requirements
- You have a demonstrable familiarity working within enterprise CMS platforms (e.g., AEM, Sitecore, etc.) and a practical understanding of large-scale systematic thinking.
- You have significant experience working with multi-disciplinary teams to successfully take digital projects through their full life cycle—from concept to launch.
- You understand the end user and can build simple, elegant solutions.
- You think about why something needs to be built, not just what needs to be built.
- You love to learn and develop new skills continuously in a tech stack deemed suitable for the project.
- You are excited to work on testing a variety of product and project ideas either currently underway or conceived in the future.
- You are proficient with HTML5 and CSS3.
- You are an expert at SASS you can write mixins and SASS functions.
- You understand webpack, grunt and bundling production-ready code.
- You understand CI/CD.
- You understand GIT on the command line.
- You have a passion user interfaces and data visualizations.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with CPU/WebGL libraries like three.js, WorldView, kepler.js etc.
- Experience with WebAssembly.
- Some backend experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with node.js including but not limited to creating secure, custom microservices.
The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.