Helpdesk Support Technician - Temporary
Job DescriptionUnder direct supervision, the Help Desk Support Technician provides basic technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Drive sustainable food production through rice seed technologies and makes a positive impact on farmers, employees and stakeholders.
RiceTec lives and operates by our values:
We Innovate by developing technology, systems, and knowledge that yield prosperity.
We work together to deliver exceptional results by operating as a cohesive team.
We care and respect for people and the environment, embracing safety, diversity, and ethical behaviors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to requests and problems including installing, monitoring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Interact with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop, laptops, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshoot trouble tickets to resolve basic technical problems with laptop, desktop, and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic printer trouble calls.
- Provide customer assistance using directory services and remote access tools.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should have an Associate’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of one year of desktop support experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Helpdesk, Windows 10, End User Support, general IT knowledge in networking, cloud services in Azure, Office 365, project management and the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1 year of desktop support experience
Associate’s Degree in IT related fields
Knowledge in: Windows 10
Knowledge in: End User Support
Knowledge in: IT knowledge in networking
Knowledge in: Cloud services in Azure
Knowledge in: Office 365
Knowledge in: Ability to solve practical problems
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.