Associate Product Manager, Kuali Research Sponsored Programs
The Associate Product Manager works closely with Product Manager to execute the product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Has primary responsibility for QA testing on bugs and features.
- Creates documentation for new features.
- Works with Product Manager to prioritize and manage the feature backlog.
- Gathers requirements, writes user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitates customer user group meetings.
- Synthesizes outputs of product brainstorms and incoming customer feedback.
- Provides new ideas and concepts that contribute to enhanced customer experience, expand product capabilities and set us apart from our competition.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends
- Monitors, measures and reports on key business metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Visit customers and attend industry events
Skills and Experience (Required):
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly invested in developing strong relationships both with customers and colleagues.
- Proactive and sensitive to customer needs.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Self-starter, willing to learn and work quickly and independently.
- Experience with the agile product development lifecycle
- The ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working remotely as part of a fully remote team.
Skills and Experience (Desirable):
- Domain expertise in research administration, research compliance, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience implementing or supporting an enterprise-class system at an institution of higher education or similar institution.
About the Company
Kuali builds open source higher ed solutions in a competitive space where users are just waiting to be delighted.
Why join us? Our work matters — we’re helping our customers improve the quality of higher education by decreasing administrative costs. We compete in a competitive space where users are saddled with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs and eager to be delighted. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with nearly 170 customers and 100 employees. Kuali is committed to open source software development. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. Plus, you’ll get to work with some truly amazing people at a fast-growing, design-centric EdTech startup.
If you’re looking to make your fortune off a quick flip with no business model, you’d be happier someplace else.