Business Development Associate
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
You will be assigned to work with the Pro Host team to develop and execute strategies to promote the platform to more amazing boutique hotels and serviced apartments in Thailand. Your attention to detail, organization, ability to multi-task, work on multiple priorities and work under pressure will ensure you are a great success.
This is a contract position for a period of 6 months. In this role, you will be employed by a third party agency and will not be eligible for Airbnb employee benefits.
- Day to day support of all supply growth activities in your assigned cities – discover new leads both from internal and external sources.
- Provide product support to hosts, assistance in problem solving and guidance on hosting through meetup, call or one on one approaches.
- Achieve monthly goals, report monthly progress and drive your new hosts to grow sustainably.
- Basic data and reporting analysis to assist in growing your region strategically.
- Provide information to new hosts on how they can create and set up an Airbnb account and publish their listings.
- Willing to relocate to Phuket.
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in inside Sales or Outbound sales environment in the hospitality sector with proven record in achieving KPIs.
- Experience working remotely with operations team.
- Able to represent the company’s tone and brand in public-facing communications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment.
- Fluent in English and Thai is a must as this role will need to liaise with both English and Thai speaking stakeholders.
- Experience in end to end inside sales process from leads generation, qualification, identify decision makers, cold calling, follow up and onboarding new host to the platform.
- Strong sales operational and organization skills, familiar with CRM tools is a plus.
- Online Travel Agency (OTA) industry or experience working with channel management companies can be added advantage.
- Chinese language proficiency will be a plus.