Senior Platform Engineer
This opening is more than 228 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: Cumberland, Maine
- Own and develop the architecture of the Reconnect platform with the platform team
- Ensure that millions of location data points can be logged in a cost efficient, scalable fashion
- Build and maintain the infrastructure to support the Reconnect platform
- Build and maintain the DevOps culture and tools to help build and support that culture starting with a continuous integration, continuous deployment pipeline.
- Spend roughly 50% of your time working with code – including code reviews and architecture planning sessions - and 50% of your time working with the Reconnect infrastructure.
- 3+ years as a Backend or DevOps developer
- Well-versed programming in PHP, and able to use other programming languages as necessary to develop the appropriate tools
- Experience with building APIs and understanding of RESTful principles.
- Proficient in writing SQL and experience working with SQL databases such as MySQL.
- Experience deploying, supporting, and orchestrating production and critical systems.
- Demonstrable experience with cloud infrastructure services
- Familiarity working in agile scrum project methodology, contributing to sprint planning, sprint reviews, and post-mortems
- Familiarity with Linux and experience with performance tools, automation tools, and debugging tools for code and systems
- Commitment to building a DevOps culture (continuous integration / continuous deployment, resilient code and infrastructure, automated testing, proactive monitoring, peer review, etc).
- Experience working in agile scrum methodology, kanban, sprint planning and post-mortems, or other software project management methodologies
- Experience working in data-heavy environments
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Experience working on systems where high availability is key
- Experience designing and/or querying a NoSQL database
- Experience with Node.js
- We are a highly distributed company, so you’ll need to be able to work effectively from home and be available to travel 2-4 weeks a year to meet with your teammates in real life
- 401k with 6% matching
- Great health/vision/dental coverage, and we pay 100% of the premiums for you and your family.
- $1,000 annual charitable contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation
We’re focused on results, not on the hours you work, so set your own schedule that works for your life and helps you be most productive.