Senior Designer (Freelance)
Headquarters: Brooklyn, San Francisco
We are looking for a Senior Designer to work on an ongoing basis with our design team.
Our typical rates range from $50 - $150 / hr depending on your experience.
This is a contract / freelance position.
You should apply if :
You are a talented designer who consistently delivers visuals and interactions of highest quality on timelines that would be unrealistic for many others. You take pride in your creative vision, execution and communication skills. You are a strong individual contributor, but also a team player. You enjoy taking ownership of full products, and are stifled by large design organizations.
You get a rush from seeing your designs live in the real world.
What will your day-to-day look like?
Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
• Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
• Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
• 2+ years of experience designing consumer and mobile products
• Had ownership of many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
• Biased toward action and execution. You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work
• Great communication skills that help you work with product and engineering to make product visions come to life
• Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
• You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us