Python Automation Engineer, Data Pipelines
This opening is more than 227 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
This position is for an experienced Python software engineer, with a passion for writing tests, to join our 5 person Test Automation team. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of putting Python to work in data-oriented products.
- Here are value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time;
- Find out more information on the
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Design and build a CI pipeline for the Data Engineering Python codebase.
- Spearhead the process of establishing a modern CI/CD suite for data pipelines.
- Deploy and maintain CI servers within AWS, CircleCI, and other partners.
- Write documentation and guides, be an advocate and mentor to the Data team with regards to Test Automation.
- Minimum 2-4 years of professional experience developing software using Python.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests in Pytest.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, zsh).
- Experience with SQL.
- Able to troubleshoot test failures and build consistency issues.
- Able to investigate intermittent CI server failures due to infrastructure shortcomings.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to effectively manage time; balance failure investigation with completing sprint tasks.
- Experience building and maintaining Docker images.
- CircleCI experience is a plus.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the and one of . Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our , , and . We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.