Administrative Assistant/Entry-Level Event Coordinator
Seeking an administrative assistant/entry-level event coordinator to help grow a freelance event company (currently staff of one). Launched in December of 2017, Kristen Leoce Events, LLC has been working consistently with many corporations, executing large and small-scale events and project management for clients worldwide. Select clients include:
- First Data (now Fiserv)
- Sports Illustrated
- Lesbians Who Tech
- Golf Magazine
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Company is fully remote; NYC preferred but open to West Coast or United Kingdom based candidates.
A successful candidate will:
- be extremely organized and be able to manage various projects simultaneously,
- have the ability to create processes for this ever-growing business and take initiative,
- help Company President maintain a certain level of project/information delivery for clients,
- be a self-starter looking to learn all facets of the event planning business, while remaining focused on overall administrative needs and deadlines.
- Handle all customer invoicing and billing in a timely manner including sending invoices, reconciling payments, 1099 staff payments, etc.
- Manage monthly company expenses/receipt sorting
- Assist with business development for future clients/projects
- Manage the Company President's meeting and travel calendar
- Handle travel booking for Company President for specific events - including site visits and onsite events
- Execute other delegated event planning tasks which may include but not limited to: Excel budget templates, Excel run-of-shows, Event agendas, Simple event website builds, Event tracker updating, Timelines, Database reporting, Hotel tracking reports, Etc.
- Sourcing, review and finalizing of vendor contracts, payments, etc. as it relates to specific events.
- Weekly video conference calls with Company President to determine task list for week ahead, status of existing projects, etc.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- Degree in hospitality management or event planning a plus
- Previous event planning experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Excel is a MUST
- Proficiency in QuickBooks a plus
- Proficiency with simple event website building (ex: Bizzabo) a plus
- Experience in databases a plus (ex: Cvent, Eventbrite, etc.)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Well-organized and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills (MUST speak English)
- Willingness to learn/grow with the company
10 to 60 hours per month**
*Option to cancel contract at any time with 30-day notice; new hire will go through 30-day probationary period upon hiring
**Opportunity for extension/increased hourly commitment based on productivity and performance
Applicants should email their CV along with a cover letter including their desired hourly rate BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7th to .