Company Industry: Retail
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Marketing Manager
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through May 2020
Our Customer is an American worldwide clothing and accessories retailer, founded in 1969. Over the last 50 years, the company has grown from a single store to a global fashion business with seven brands. Their clothes are available in 90 countries worldwide through over 3,100 company-operated stores, almost 400 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites and is still growing.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager on a contract basis to plan and execute all Women’s marketing content across omnichannel vehicles, including site, email and store signage.
What You’ll Do:
• Creates inspiring marketing briefs that combine a customer-first mindset with a focus on business priorities and a clear product first point-of-view, leveraging key inputs from the Analytics team and Global and Online Merchandising
• Drives pre-season planning for Women’s division to develop thoughtful omni strategies, ensuring all messaging is backed by strong product, impactful store presentation (retail signage specifically) and compelling sort experiences (digital messages specifically)
• Partners with Creative, Editorial and Styling to bring product stories to life and develop assets that deliver on marketing and merchandising objectives
• Partners with Social Media to leverage and cross-pollinate storytelling strategies and assets where appropriate
• Participates in all photo pipeline and in-season dialogues inclusive of photo planning, in-season kick-off, creative reviews, final layout reviews, and mechanicals approval
• Leverages weekly analyses, seasonal hindsights, competitive research and store visits, maintaining a deep understanding of the Women’s divisions’ marketing effectiveness and driving for action in light of learnings
• Partner closely with Merchandising to maintain a deep understanding of product assortments, positioning, and roadmaps to act as a divisional expert within Marketing
• Partner closely with Visual Merchandising on signage strategies and placements, and ensuring Marketing materials are produced and posted in mock store for monthly leadership walk-throughs
• Knows the customer experience end-to-end, bringing an understanding of the market and competitive trends to all marketing placements
• Manage store communications for all Women's signage efforts to ensure proper placement and execution
• Spearhead any testing initiatives for Women’s divisional assets on-site, email, and in-store
• 3-5 years of experience in consumer marketing; content marketing experience
• Proven ability to translate product stories into compelling marketing messages; a natural storyteller
• Strategic, data-driven, global thinker with a customer-focused mindset
• Solid analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
• Strong ability to prioritize on the go
• Team player with top-notch people skills who can foster dynamic relationships with other cross-functional teams, including but not limited to: Merchandising, Production, Creative, Styling & Photo Production, Visual Merchandising, Social Media
• High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changeable environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Laser-focused on results both at an individual level and for the team at large
• Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to test and learn
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco office. There is no remote capability for this role.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.