Remote FAE (PCB Design & Layout)
This opening is more than 229 days old and is very likely already filled.
- Establish relationships with key design engineers and marketing managers at Distribution and OEM customers to achieve design wins for all company Network, Power and Automotive products (excluding Wireless).
- Focus on early development stage engagement to ensure that a competitive company magnetic component is designed in.
- This individual should coordinate closely and effectively with the engineering and marketing teams of the Product Business Units (PBU), other sales teams around the world, regional customer service, as well as the Operations teams.
- 4-7 years overall work experience required, of which 1-2 years electronic design experience and 1-2 years OEM sales experience of electronic components is preferred.
- 3-4 years of work experience within the Network, Power or Automotive industries highly valued
- Basic knowledge of electronic circuits and Magnetics component manufacturing
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Daily interaction with Account Managers in order to target account coordination of silicon-driven magnetic design opportunities and product development.
- Daily interaction with departmental Design Engineers to specify product requirements.
- Weekly interaction with Product Line Manager and/or Design Engineering Manager to prioritize and schedule product development needs.
- Daily and regular interaction with customers, silicon manufacturers, designers and management.
- Serve as direct, first line of technical contact in product development.
- Must support Account Managers’ success while competing for internal resources to respond to mutually identified opportunities.
- Time and resource management – both personal and that of the division and Company.
- Understanding of the financial contributions and risks associated with recommended direction of product development.
- Involves a great deal of personal creativity and ownership.
- The products chosen for development must be selected and qualified based on close knowledge and understanding of the customers’ requirements with an appreciation for industry-wide deployment.
- Position requires a significant amount of travel (including out of state), up to 50%.
- Customer visits to OEM/ODM/Distribution customers focusing on building relationships with electronic system designers.
- Analyze industry and market technical requirements to define future product development needs and target customers.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to define datasheets and pricing strategies.
- Aid in development of business plans and justification of business unit resources related to product developed.
- Oversee, prioritize and manage internal issues to ensure customer satisfaction in production development.