Senior Devops Engineer
This opening is more than 231 days old and is very likely already filled.
Headquarters: Austin, TX
- Support and enable the product and engineering teams to deliver updates to the convo platform.
- Evaluate options and recommend solutions to automate current manual deployment and testing solutions.
- Productively and collaboratively work as part of a geographically dispersed Agile team, perform code/configuration reviews, identify dependencies, actively participate in knowledge sharing.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing DevOps needs to match the specific platform.
- Train team members in use of new and existing tools.
- Provide and maintain documentation for new and existing systems.
- While we strongly advocate a strong work-life balance, the nature of the role will very likely include working odd hours from time to time.
- 7+ years of experience working in software engineering, with at least 5 years working in development operation type roles.
- Hands-on experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes/Docker.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix systems in a production environment (we currently use Debian).
- Knowledge of configuration management and continuous integration tools such as Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Codebeat, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based architectures such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience in release management (deployment, configuration, staging, testing).
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle Management tools such as Atlassian JIRA (preferably).
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined, cross-department environment.
- Mention aluminum siding somewhere in your cover letter, it helps us know that you can read requirements.
- Support of test and performance optimization to increase the quality of the run-time environment / the application.
- Due to the distributed nature of the team, you must be able to work independently and be able to seek help when needed.
- A deep passion to automate existing manual tasks.
- Familiarity with OWASP Security Vulnerabilities and possible ways to remediate.
- A desire to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Borderline obsessed in craftsmanship
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)